• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton EXB owners

1 minute ago, Kpowell911 said:

I did Miss that they were brand new. Suppose if you need the full set up its a good price. However are you sure its the EXB 6S? You sure its not the 8S one with that Combo?

Sorry, yeah it’s the 8s, the big daddy one!

Just now, Kpowell911 said:

Thats a decent price then!

That’s what I thought. I’m so tempted. Have already melted the card this weekend, so will wait a little while. Hopefully he’ll drop the price a bit between now and then…

• Like 1

Ive provisionally sold my EXB To a friend. However. We got it running today with a Max 6/1650 Combo. It ran fine but then after a few mins we noticed a loud “click/crunch/crackle” under initial HARD acceleration. It ran fine regardless but everytime we hit full throttle hard it made this noise. It felt like a mesh/slip/lash of gears, potentially from the centre diff. We ran out of time before we could strip it down, but what do you guys think it could be? I think the centre diff may be too low on oil (both in thickness and oil level so this is what we will check first, but obviously I cant sell this like this so need to sort it?

thanks

18 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ive provisionally sold my EXB To a friend. However. We got it running today with a Max 6/1650 Combo. It ran fine but then after a few mins we noticed a loud “click/crunch/crackle” under initial HARD acceleration. It ran fine regardless but everytime we hit full throttle hard it made this noise. It felt like a mesh/slip/lash of gears, potentially from the centre diff. We ran out of time before we could strip it down, but what do you guys think it could be? I think the centre diff may be too low on oil (both in thickness and oil level so this is what we will check first, but obviously I cant sell this like this so need to sort it?

thanks

I’d check the gear mesh for the pinion and spur, followed by all diffs. 

On 27/06/2021 at 21:42, Ant.p said:

That’s what I thought. I’m so tempted. Have already melted the card this weekend, so will wait a little while. Hopefully he’ll drop the price a bit between now and then…

I would LOVE an 8s EXB but I’d have no chance to drive it as the missus would literally kill me 😅

Edited by Rorys Breaker
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Rorys Breaker said:

I would LOVE an 8s EXB but I’d have no chance to drive it as the missus would literally kill me 😅

This is literally my predicament. You can get away with a certain amount before the scales tip, but spend too much time and/or money on the hobby in a short period of time and prepare for battle!! 😬

I mean, you can’t exactly sneak one of these into the house either. I need to wait for her to do something wrong, then I’ll grab one quick 😇

Edited by Ant.p
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Yeh a battle you wont win :insane:

I’d say she’s definitely losing the battle at the moment 🤣

image.jpg

just please don’t tell her I said that! 🤫🤐

Edited by Ant.p
  • Haha 2

On 29/06/2021 at 21:01, Kpowell911 said:

thanks

Found the culprit eventually!

zzliQum.jpg

Edited by Kpowell911

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2021 at 21:34, Ant.p said:

Sorry, yeah it’s the 8s, the big daddy one!

Didn’t get the 8s Kraton. Had already sold 😫. Will have to save a little more and buy new!

on a different note, took the notorious out today on the new badlands and modified servo saver (with a few circlips), and all was well until the servo gave up and I lost steering. It’s a crap servo anyway so not too sad about it, but can anyone recommend a fast and tough one and also a servo saver that’s adjustable? Thanks!

I opted for a servo from Amazon. Apparently 32kg @ 6v which is quite impressive. As it’s next day and relatively cheap, will tie me over if no good long term:

ZHITING 35kg High Torque Coreless Digital Servo Motor Metal Gear Waterproof

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08MQ74R98/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_DJ420HFNRK1AVHKHY5V4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

I have a similar but 25kilo version in my Hyper 7 conversion and it seems ok so far :good:

Good to know. Reviews aren’t bad, the proof will be in the pudding…

• 5 weeks later...

Any advice on how to setup the rear diff as open? Atm it has 1 large shim, 1 small. Then i got star, star, circle LSD plates then gear. insert cross pins and gears, then gear, circle, star, star, large shim, small shim.

Problem i have now its jammed when the diff is put together. Should i be removing either 2 large or the 2 small shims?

On 13/08/2021 at 11:55, Logie said:

Any advice on how to setup the rear diff as open? Atm it has 1 large shim, 1 small. Then i got star, star, circle LSD plates then gear. insert cross pins and gears, then gear, circle, star, star, large shim, small shim.

Problem i have now its jammed when the diff is put together. Should i be removing either 2 large or the 2 small shims?

If the diff is getting bound up when reassembling, make sure all the gears are in the diff Cup and move freely then place the crown gear on top locating the pin the the rear of the gear. The only other thing I can think of is make sure the lsd plates are in with the smooth edge facing in. this may help.... 

• 2 months later...

Have decided to sell my Arrma EXB 1/8 as I have picked up a Mojave EXB and a new 1:1 toy so can't really justify keeping all 3..! List on eBay here but would prefer to sell to someone on the forum directly:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334184945577?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e12060.m43.l51518&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=465d9271c92e49359d4f925433853041&bu=43204220865&osub=-1~1&crd=20211023015936&segname=12060&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid