• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Headphones advice/recommendations

pieman5

Hi guys.

Hoping people with a bit more knowledge/experience can help me out here. 

Here’s what I’m looking for.

Needs to be wired, I’m not a fan of wireless / Bluetooth.

Needs to be over ear, some nice big spongy cups as I’m sometimes wearing them pretty much all day. Not interested in on ear or in ear stuff.

I have quite a small head so something with a lot of adjustability.

I prefer my music with a bias towards bass, so decent bass needed.

I have a top end budget of around £120. Would love a few suggestions and any advice.

Im also clueless on amps, would it be worth getting one and what should I look out for?

Thanks

is this for pc or music buddy?

for music and bass you wont go far wrong with dr dre beats wont need a amp with them they sound awesome proper music production product BEATS Solo 3 are wireless but in your budget etc

for gaming i use corsair or Sennheiser great rich sounds etc

https://happybargaindeals.com/products/beyerdynamic-dt-770-pro-studio-headphones-80-ohm?variant=32412416671823&sfdr_ptcid=41010_100_664572808&sfdr_hash=71fdd20e442ed002b921d7c04bbe26f4

Look no further. If you're running the headphones on a PC, that's the one to get. Beats sound like a tin can in comparison. Important thing is to get the 80ohm resistance one, which works best on PC soundcards. The 250ohm one is too quiet without amps etc. These are in fact studio quality headphones, and i can attest to that having beats on the shelf, these connected to my PC and every other "gaming headset" thrown away. 

• Haha 1

Sennheiser momentum over ear are the nicest ive ever tried in a shop, beats are okay but there are better options out there for the same coin. Grado are supposed to be pretty good, beyerdynamic are also supposed to be good