• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Senton 3S BLX owners

20 hours ago, savagejoe said:

just got myself a shell for the senton its from arc breakers £35 brand new cant complain. 

they have loads of parts if anyone doesnt allready know about them 

https://arcbreakers.co.uk/

Yes arcbreaker is one of the breakers, you also have fkm breaker. and others breakers The arrma sell group on facebook is also quite useful for a lot of various kit 

• Thanks 1

On 27/03/2021 at 20:23, Fourmiz29 said:

Yes change the body post, just slightly narrower than the senton ones.

One thing I did and I have seen a few people doing this is changing the wheels to the ones from the granite, also 14 hex. It help stabilise the car to avoid so much rolling. The motor pinion will need to be reduced to 15t (20t on the senton), it will help the motor.  By changing to wider wheels the senton body will need trimming to have clearance for those wheels (if running with that body), the big rock one will be just ok.

I have also turned my Senton into a big rock by swapping the arms for the longer version.

Senton and big rock share the same long wheel base chassis, so a few opportunities to improve the car in some ways lol

I did do it mainly for the winter and the muddy fields, in the summer I am looking at reversing back to the senton

Think I'm going to convert mine to a big rock or granite. I'm not too fond of the size of the body and how it handles.  Bigger wheels giving it better stability sounds good too.

Big rock is almost a straight conversion. You will need the longer arms and turnbuckles too (common with the typhoon too), bumpers even if the senton ones works not too bad.

FKM Breakers do good deals on these parts and he tend to have some quite regularly.  Other breakers too to be honest but I tend to use FKM quite a bit.

The Granite require a change of chassis (short wheel base one).

I have recently acquired a 3-6S ESC motor combo, about to fit it on my senton-big rock... intend to run between 4 and 6S, can't wait to see how it is going to handle itself lol

• Like 2

I was looking at 17mm hex conversion too as I have some 17mm wheels going spare atm. Apparently the traxxas 5353x set works well but they're expensive compared to some of the bits on amazon and ebay. 

1 hour ago, DogBone said:

I was looking at 17mm hex conversion too as I have some 17mm wheels going spare atm. Apparently the traxxas 5353x set works well but they're expensive compared to some of the bits on amazon and ebay. 

I am still on 14 hex with granite wheels, I know there is more choice in either 12 or 17 but so far happy with the stock wheels

Yes I know what you mean coming from a typhon and hpi trophy it drives so different, I added some spacers to the suspension and turned my steering down to try and stop it  tipping over.  I have bought some slightly wider wheels that all seems to help, but do enjoy sliding the back end

took the senton out for a proper run for the first time today took it to a quarry where i used to run plenty of cartwheels and plenty of hard hits and only managed to break the front bumper. 

this thing realy takes some punishment even had the dog trying to get it and jumping on it.

also orderd the dust cover to help with cleaning a little.

senton dirty.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, savagejoe said:

took the senton out for a proper run for the first time today took it to a quarry where i used to run plenty of cartwheels and plenty of hard hits and only managed to break the front bumper. 

this thing realy takes some punishment even had the dog trying to get it and jumping on it.

also orderd the dust cover to help with cleaning a little.

senton dirty.jpg

yeah read a few times that senton does like to collect loads of grass/debris under the shell.

1 hour ago, Glenn75 said:

I've put the inner fenders and rear mud guards on mine got fed up of major strip down to clean every time I took it out.IMG_20210403_083215.thumb.jpg.2e883b248ebfaa0e921c62bbfaaef596.jpg

Don’t know if they would cover the bigger wheels 

Probably ,I have some slightly larger wheels and they rub on those wheels ,so by the look of yours don't think it would work with the wheels you have on. 

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the granite wheels? I'm planning on trying some spare wheels I've got when I convert the senton to big rock. They are 14 cm diameter so need to know if a 15t pinion is OK or should I go for a 13t? I don't want to melt the electrics. 

57 minutes ago, DogBone said:

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the granite wheels? I'm planning on trying some spare wheels I've got when I convert the senton to big rock. They are 14 cm diameter so need to know if a 15t pinion is OK or should I go for a 13t? I don't want to melt the electrics. 

Granite wheel are 128mm diameter,  15T pinion is perfectly fine I am running my senton converted to big rock like that. I started to run with the stock 20T to only have random thermal cut out. Much better with the 15T

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fourmiz29 said:

Granite wheel are 128mm diameter,  15T pinion is perfectly fine I am running my senton converted to big rock like that. I started to run with the stock 20T to only have random thermal cut out. Much better with the 15T

Perfect, Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took the senton out last night front motor bearing let go took the spur at the same time no warning just locked up, stripped it down the bearing wasn't rusty. Cleaned it all out new bearing fitted seems ok.

I know from experience the motor bearings aren't the best but this wasn't an old motor or used much in wet.

• Sad 1

Anyone thinking of upgrading to 17 inch hex wheels probably best not buy the traxxas converters. I saw a video saying they worked well but actually because the end of the arrma axle rod is thinner towards the end they still have a fair bit of movement. I've had to buy some m4 barrel nuts to put in the end to hopefully stop the excess movement now. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've bought some 17mm hex converters and I'm going to try with some buggy wheels on. Thinking about lowering the suspension to maybe lower the centre of gravity.

1621194567426518909636.jpg

• Like 2

Just lowered it by about 1cm will see if handles any different it has made the suspension a lot stiffer might help with body roll.

1621200580571456236936.jpg

Edited by Glenn75
  • Like 2