• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Adventure's of Ting Ting's Rustler

1 hour ago, Tingting44 said:

oh dear, breaking a tekno driveshaft is no easy task, nor cheap to replace, you going to replace or try different ones?

I am going to use different ones.

The Tekno's have a 6mm axle.

Then getting wheel hexes with 6mm was impossible. I had to use the Tekno hexes ordered from EURORC.

Then their hubs are plastic and wear out.

To summarize, staying with Tekno will be expensive, parts are hard to get since 1/1/2020 and the the waiting time for them to arrive is too long.

I ordered now a set of alloy hubs for 5mm axles (In Blue!!! :lol:) and the Fastrax axles from MS.

Fastrax will be better than the stock ones and hopefully hold up to the Rustler's power.

If not, I will go for the XO-1 axles at £70/pair.

nice mate let us know how u get on, tbh ive still got my stock shafts from new, im blown away by them i really am, would have thought they would have been some of the 1st parts to break if im honest

Will keep you updated.

When I bought my Rustler off ebay it had already the Teknos fitted.

The seller also gave me the old stock shafts and hubs. Half of them broken or disintegrated.

But then I don't how he was driving.. He said he will return to use his X-Maxx. ;-).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jens said:

Hmm. Looks needful. 🙂

Do you have a part number?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-hd-chassis-brace-green/rc-car-products/1332430

its a lovely bit of kit really is, its huge and solid as a rock, i love it, and its a great carrying handle 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tingting44 said:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-hd-chassis-brace-green/rc-car-products/1332430

its a lovely bit of kit really is, its huge and solid as a rock, i love it, and its a great carrying handle 🤣

It is very useful to strengthen the chassis.

Blue is my favorite and the only one sold out.

Gotta wait till April...

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/03/2021 at 13:04, Tingting44 said:

How does it fit both the Rustler and Slash? Theyre different lengths?

6 hours ago, Guns said:

Wouldnt worry too much, theyll equalise im sure

thanks mate , was just shocked to see them that low, shouldnt the rc have kicked in and shut it down before getting that low?

6 hours ago, Guns said:

How does it fit both the Rustler and Slash? Theyre different lengths?

it comes with 2 mounts, one for slash, one for rustles, i have used the rustler mount and have the slash mount, id like to swap with a slash owner so we both have an extra spare then

4 hours ago, Tingting44 said:

thanks mate , was just shocked to see them that low, shouldnt the rc have kicked in and shut it down before getting that low?

it comes with 2 mounts, one for slash, one for rustles, i have used the rustler mount and have the slash mount, id like to swap with a slash owner so we both have an extra spare then

Depends what your LVC is set at

On 27/02/2021 at 10:34, Tingting44 said:

had to take a break....been fiddling on and off, got rid of pretty much all the slop and play now, seems better, ive cut 2 small drainage holes on my stock tyres also as cant buy new ones at the moment, seems better, loads of water come out, still need to get a tyre balancer.... taking it out today so we will see if she implodes or not o.O

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-27 at 10.00.58 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-27 at 10.01.35 AM.jpeg

How did you remove the play? Ours is shocking? Got any links to the washers/shims you used?

11 hours ago, Guns said:

I need bigger ones cause I have X0-1 Axles 😕

Good luck on th hunt mate, so how u finding the xo1 axles? Worth the price tag?

U got any pics of your baby mate

Edited by Tingting44

1 hour ago, Tingting44 said:

Good luck on th hunt mate, so how u finding the xo1 axles? Worth the price tag?

U got any pics of your baby mate

Heres mine/ours. Weve absolutely hammered it since those pictures though. Its been such a tank to be fair

• 4 weeks later...

JESUS! these springs are tough! Veryyyyyy noiceeee lol 🥳 (btw Nick remove alignment and add picture rotation, for some weird reason this site flips random pics, so annoying, would be lovely to rotate in forum, instead of Photoshop 😭 ) 💗IMG_20210518_192117.thumb.jpg.2ed9af0d1d88703b296bc5c21e19cf22.jpg

IMG_20210518_192133.jpg

IMG_20210518_192125.jpg

IMG_20210518_190046.jpg

IMG_20210518_184906.jpg

IMG_20210518_183136.jpg

Edited by Tingting44
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...