• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage X Special Edition + Trophy Truggy

mhm

Hi,

So these have been sat around in the garage for a few years now. My nephew made me pull them out wanting to take up the hobby, but nitro really isn't for him (he's only 12 too)... so rather than putting them back away and have them sat around for another 5 years doing nothing might as well sell them

BOTH CARS ARE BEING SOLD AS NON RUNNING.

So with that important statement out the way, let me try and provide a little more detail. On both cars, the electrics all work exactly as they should. Everything powers up, the TX and RX connect, and the steering and throttle servos both operate as they should. However I have not been able to get the nitro engine running on either car. This will be in no small part due to the fact that I do not have a working glow starter! My nephew has lost interest though and I really can't be bothered, so I am looking to sell them effectively as rolling chassis with electrics and a non running engine. It may well work with a clean up, it may need parts. I honestly don't know.

The Trophy Truggy has a few upgrades, most notably the steering servo and a roto start plate on the back of the engine. The original servo and the pull start are also included as is a whole host of other mostly new and unopened Trophy Truggy parts.

The Savage X is a Special Edition and I believe still in standard form. The original Dodge Charger bodyshell is slightly cracked but there is a standard Savage bodyshell and also a brand new unopened new unpainted Dodge Charger bodyshell with it too. It comes complete with its rotostart which has a brand new battery (the old one is also included but doesn't work). I think most of the original parts are still with it too as is the original box. The serial number for the special edition is still on the chassis.

Also included in the package is start box, though I'm not sure if I ever got this setup to work with the Trophy Truggy or not. Oh and an electric engine heater too.

Ideally looking to sell the whole lot in one go but if I have buyers agreed for the Savage and Trophy Truggy separately then I'd split the two I guess.

Will really have to be collection I think (from Pinner, Greater London) as its a LOT of kit. Trying to send it by courier would probably end up meaning a pallet delivery!

Honestly don't know how to price this, the Savage X Special Edition makes it more complicated... so lets just say £300ono for the lot as a starter?

IMG_1118.JPEG

IMG_1119.JPEG

IMG_1120.JPEG

IMG_1121.JPEG

IMG_1122.JPEG

IMG_1123.JPEG

IMG_1124.JPEG

IMG_1125.JPEG

IMG_1126.JPEG

IMG_1127.JPEG

IMG_1128.JPEG

IMG_1129.JPEG

IMG_1130.JPEG

IMG_1131.JPEG

IMG_1132.JPEG

• Like 1

Oh assuming it is collected, there’s also about 4litres of Nitro fuel included. 

If someone really really wants it but isn’t local enough to pick up I’m happy for it to be picked up by a courier or something that you arrange but I have nothing to box it up with so your collection agent will need to sort that out too.