• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Infraction/Felony/Limitless owners

supersavage

1 hour ago, Blast and Cruise said:

Guys, i need to ask because im really looking to buy the limitless.

How do you keep motor & Esc temps within limits with such aggressive gearing on the Limitless?

I think its a 34T spur  with 27T pin   Ratio  1:26, unless im mistaken.

surely temps would be sky high after a couple passes.

Any info, or feedback from the Limitless owners is much appreciated.

I'm looking at the limitless with either the MMX 8S  + 1100KV   or with Speky 160A firma + 1250kv    My intention is to blast+Cruise with this car 🙂   Not just speed run

Any feedback is appreciated.

Personally I don't think the Limitless is the right RC for you if you're looking to just essentially "car park bash". The Infraction or Felony would be better choices for that imho. 
I say that because the Limitless is definitely aimed at being a speed run RC which is why as standard it comes with a centre spool. 

I understand though you might prefer the Limitless for it's looks or other reasons so you could make it more suitable for "car park bashing" simply by changing out the spool for a centre diff/spur gear like the Infraction runs. 

Also as Redback says a decent fan set up can help lower temperatures. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GMballistic said:

Personally I don't think the Limitless is the right RC for you if you're looking to just essentially "car park bash". The Infraction or Felony would be better choices for that imho. 
I say that because the Limitless is definitely aimed at being a speed run RC which is why as standard it comes with a centre spool. 

I understand though you might prefer the Limitless for it's looks or other reasons so you could make it more suitable for "car park bashing" simply by changing out the spool for a centre diff/spur gear like the Infraction runs. 

Also as Redback says a decent fan set up can help lower temperatures. 

Hello GM.

thanks for feedback m8,   i do want to speed run but also bash, the limitless is listed as a "Street Basher" but doubt i can keep temps within limits.

The infraction diff would be better for sure.

So, i think its a 46T,    Quick question,--    You think a 46T diff with the 27T pinion would be ok, or should i got down in pinion size.

Thanks again for feedback.

54 minutes ago, Blast and Cruise said:

Hello GM.

thanks for feedback m8,   i do want to speed run but also bash, the limitless is listed as a "Street Basher" but doubt i can keep temps within limits.

The infraction diff would be better for sure.

So, i think its a 46T,    Quick question,--    You think a 46T diff with the 27T pinion would be ok, or should i got down in pinion size.

Thanks again for feedback.

I think you'd have to gear it appropriately lower too, ...the Infraction comes with a 15T pinion AFAIK so that would be a good starting point. You can always gear it up then for more speed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redback said:

I saw a post that the traxxas XO-1 Shell fits the limitless, can any one here confirm they fit? Looks ok for the length but unsure how it would sit width ways.
Thank you.

I know or at least I have seen a post before about someone fitting a Traxxas XO1 shell to an Infraction.

Link: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/infraction-xo-1-project.20547/#post-284789

Can't say I've seen one fitted to a Limitless but I am sure it would be doable. Spec sizes of both vehicles below according to Modelsport UK which lists both the Traxxas XO1 and the Arrma Limitless for you to make up your own mind. :good:

TRAXXAS XO1

Length: 686mm

Center Ground Clearance: 15mm

Height:127.5mm

Wheelbase: 404mm

Width: 300mm

ARRMA LIMITLESS

Length: 28.74" (730mm) 

Ground Clearance: 0.59" (15mm)

Height: 6.5" (165mm)

Wheelbase: 15.98" (406mm)    

Width: 12.20" (310mm)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Thanks 1

Took the Infraction out for a little run but the motor is still getting far too warm for my liking. So I'll either have to fit a fan or I might just put the stock electronics back in it and save the Max 6 for something else as I really don't see me running 8s in it now. Oh and I really don't like the silver hoons as they are far too slippery even when you get them up to temperature so I'll have to get a set of GRPs when I can.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if there's a decent heatsink for the Hobbywing 1650 motor? Or maybe a link to some decent fans? Ideally I'd prefer to gear it right to keep temps down but if I want to keep the scorched fenders I think I'm going to have to get some fans.

• 10 months later...