• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

is my lipo bad?

ManicZ

hey all, I just received my 144001 and it came with a 2600mah 2s lipo but after a full charge it only lasts 2-4 minutes? I have an old 1500mah 2s lipo and I run it on that for about 10-15 minutes, should I send/complain about the "New" 2600 battery? thanks

I run these in my LC Racing buggy, the WL toys is very similar, might be worth a look.

you may need to get an adaptor or re-solder the connector on your esc as the battery comes with an XT60 connector and I think yours has a Deans connector?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-2200mah-2s-35-70c-lipo-pack.html?queryID=1226233b0ac231026b7d7ef8f52410c0&objectID=30638&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products 

• Like 1

if i could afford a decent battery i probably could've also afforded a better rc car but that wasn't my question, my question is do you think the battery is bad/faulty? cheers

Nothing wrong with the car, as @Gampla said, on this price car the batteries are probably nowhere near the stated capacity, and yes the battery is maybe faulty, but you may just end up with a bad one again.

the battery I listed is £10, so not that bad, but understand you don’t want to spend more money. 

2 minutes ago, ManicZ said:

sorry Ag100 that reply was to Gampla, like i said i am strapped for funds right now should i keep on at supplier to replace battery? thanks

It’s worth a go, I see lots of posts /videos on these cars and very few have issues with the batteries, so you could just have been unlucky.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ManicZ said:

also that particular battery is out of stock, but as soon as I have spare cash I'm definitely going to get a new battery 

Sorry, yes just seen that.

• Like 1

I'll look into that but there isn't one near me, hi Ag100, 1 cell shows 4.20v and the other shows 4.12v? So it's not balancing properly, my other lipo's balance fine, thanks for the offer, if I start walking now I may be there in a few days lol👍 cheers

Edited by ManicZ

2 minutes ago, ManicZ said:

I found someone who says to discharge it at a low rate then balance charge at a low rate that could fix it? Cheers

Does it say how many mah it puts in when in charges?