• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight?

mhm

Hi all,

my r/c cars have been gathering dust for the last few years as having kids and moving house and then other hobbies took over. My nephew recently asked for my trophy truggy which prompted to dig out the all the other bits and cars too. I found my Losi Mini 8ight as well, quite liked this one, small enough to use in the garden etc and a lot of fun upgraded to run on a 2S lipo with lowered gearing and larger wheels.

mine doesn't work any more though... need to figure out whats wrong, think it needs a new radio/receiver or something... but i noticed there aren't many parts available any more and they don't seem to be available new anymore either? what happened? did Losi discontinue them? real shame if they did.

Hi,

Losi don’t make that model anymore, but there are a few People on here that had/have them.

there are still a few places selling parts, Make it Build it still list some as do Modelsport, are you after anything in particular ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/09/2020 at 19:25, Ag100 said:

Hi,

Losi don’t make that model anymore, but there are a few People on here that had/have them.

there are still a few places selling parts, Make it Build it still list some as do Modelsport, are you after anything in particular ?

Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't know what I was after as I recalled it doesn't work but didn't remember why. I've since figured that out, the TX and RX were both dead, pretty standard bits fortunately to easy to solve.

I've also managed to acquire a second one to use as a donor for future parts, so hopefully I'll be able to keep mine running for a little while.

Shame they don't make these any more they are great and seemed to be pretty popular.

I have a mini 8ight and it is a great little car, there's a lot of spares on ebay still for them, they are still pretty popular over in the states it seems and I've heard a rumour that a new version might be on the cards although it's not confirmed it would be great to have them back in production. 

It was the first mini rc that I bought and it holds its own against the lc racing emb-1's that I have now although it has had plenty of hop ups to make it a better buggy.

Si.