• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX DR8 Desert BuggyThread

On 17/01/2022 at 15:35, mydoddy69 said:

Any of you guys ever looked at making these wider using the Reely Overheater parts ? 

I thought about it but think I’m going with a set of Proline  MX28’s plus the 15mm extenders I have fitted already 👍

• Like 2

On 17/01/2022 at 15:35, mydoddy69 said:

Any of you guys ever looked at making these wider using the Reely Overheater parts ? 

Didn’t Basherqueen do this, sure it’ll be on her site somewhere?

My ESC fan died today, 2nd dead fan since I got the dr8.  Am I just unlucky or is this a common weak spot? Its all stock running on 6s. Can anyone recommend an upgrade?

20 hours ago, tomr said:

They will  if you buy the proline 17mm adaptors  which at first  I thought was a bit of a sneaky move ,  I forgave them once I seen the price https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/pro-line-raid-6x30-to-17mm-hex-adapters-4-437822

Forgot about that 🤦🏻

I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on one of these I’ve always liked them and the the price of spares is crazy cheap. Not that they seem to need any 👍

21 hours ago, SWF said:

Didn’t Basherqueen do this, sure it’ll be on her site somewhere?

Thought I’d seen it somewhere 👍

15 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Forgot about that 🤦🏻

I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on one of these I’ve always liked them and the the price of spares is crazy cheap. Not that they seem to need any 👍

Thought I’d seen it somewhere 👍

If you do get one buddy it needs  the cnc rear brace out the box the plastic one is good  for nowt. I’ll  be interested to see what you do to it,  I’ve been around here long enough to know that you’ll come up with a few mods and tweaks to make it pretty much bombproof 👍

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kyo said:

My ESC fan died today, 2nd dead fan since I got the dr8.  Am I just unlucky or is this a common weak spot? Its all stock running on 6s. Can anyone recommend an upgrade?

Possibly just been unlucky I’ve not had an esc fan failure for a long time .

You could try an alloy cased version similar to this https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/centro-aluminium-cooling-fan-28000-rpm-5v-8v-30x30mm-esc-plug-442291

Not sure what you need .

So I took the esc cover off to replace the cooling fan with a fancy new alloy fan and found a blade missing on the dead fan!

No idea how - the buggy is never run without its shell and the esc cover provides protection. 

20220128_085539.jpg

On 28/01/2022 at 08:58, Kyo said:

So I took the esc cover off to replace the cooling fan with a fancy new alloy fan and found a blade missing on the dead fan!

No idea how - the buggy is never run without its shell and the esc cover provides protection. 

20220128_085539.jpg

Possibly a stone or a twig got in? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tomr said:

Possibly a stone or a twig got in? 

Probably, all replaced now. Ordered a new cnc shock tower to replace the one I just bent after a pretty impressive cartwheel!

I'm considering those 15mm extenders to improve cornering too. Do they make much difference?

1 hour ago, Kyo said:

Probably, all replaced now. Ordered a new cnc shock tower to replace the one I just bent after a pretty impressive cartwheel!

I'm considering those 15mm extenders to improve cornering too. Do they make much difference?

Not massively but they do help out especially on high traction surfaces, well worth getting some for the price 👍🏻

14 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

These are on special with the coupon code on eBay £325 ! Tempting 

From what I have seen of mine so far it's well worth the money and spares and upgrades are way cheaper than arrma and the like.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tomr said:

@martin34 They look great on 🤩 think I’ll treat mine to a set 

It's a totally different car with the mx28's compared to the stock tyres.16th pinion and 4s and it was wheeling on wet grass and mud🙂.Mine are the early ones that arnt belted.

• Like 1