• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi can somebody recommend a cheap 2c lipo battery and charger for my sons ftx brushed vantage please?

harry87

I've used voltz lipos seem to be good compromise between price and quality I've had no problems with them,used them in my ftx for six months did find the 5000mah 50c a bit to much for the diffs ,so stuck to 3500 mah 20c seem to be kinder on the drive train .you also said it was brushed be careful with lipos and brushed motor

17 hours ago, Glenn75 said:

I've used voltz lipos seem to be good compromise between price and quality I've had no problems with them,used them in my ftx for six months did find the 5000mah 50c a bit to much for the diffs ,so stuck to 3500 mah 20c seem to be kinder on the drive train .you also said it was

brushed be careful with lipos and brushed motor

I'm about to use Lipo on a brushed motor, with a HW 1060 ESC, what do I need to be careful of?

When I changed to lipo from nimh on brushed ruined my standard motor pretty quick, think it's maybe to much power or they just overheat because of longer run times, I swapped to brushless set up and ran it on nimh and lipo  and found the nimh set up more than fast enough for my ten year old also less broken parts.

He will get better run time and more speed off a lipo, i have been using Zee batteries from Ebay on multiple cars. 2s and 3s, all been great. All cells closely matched when charging/discharging.

Imax B6 V2 charger is a good starting charger, got all the features you need for a lipo

I bought him a 5000 mah for now but its wearing the tyres out fast can anybody recommend an upgrade of wheels? It has very minimal grip too, And also is there anyway of making it faster without changing lipo or turning it brushless?
Swap out spur pinion gears

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Hobbywing pinion n spur new battery 5000 mah n nothing else else atm  I dont want to go mad on this thing because they seem week, but would like a bit more speed for him and a bit more traction 
Are you on road or off roading

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk