• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new to rc and not sure what to buy

joe grinstead

Hey I'm new to rc and not sure what to buy. Currently have brushed maverick strada xb which is fun but only runs for 10 mins. Not sure if I should buy more powerfull brushless and lots of lipo batteries or nitro buggy. I mainly just want to be able to play for longer with my kid haha. 

Hi, 

You could invest in some better batterys? 

A 5000mah 2s from hobbyking are about £20 each, you'd need a lipo charger ontop of that. You might need volt meter as well as I'm not sure if your ESC have low voltage cut off (LVC) as if you drain too much power from them they can die however 5000mah with a brushed motor should give you around 20-30 mins run time.

I was nitro for a long time, this year got into brushless and im amazed by how good they are. Instant power, great speeds and lipos batteries have a solid run time.

Ran my Kraton 6s on x2 3s 6000mah got 45 mins out of it, doing full speeds runs, jumps. Drove it back to the house for 2 miles to run the battery low to save discharging at home.

• Like 2