• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outback X Mini 2.0 1:18 Day 1 issues

tmc0011

Well it was the best present for my daughter ever until after it’s second charge and re connection it all came crashing down around our ears. 

drive works for literally a second and then drive fails. Steering service still worked. 

batteries, control unit, all checked nothing in any mechanism. 

no completely stopped. Just the LED headlights and occasional ESC red light flashes. 

followed manual instructions to re bind. Successful. Back to 1 second motion then nothing. Now nothing at all. 

does this sound like battery to anyone else or ......  Open to suggestions as it didn’t make it past 12 hours and daughter will be devastated. 

thanks

newbies dad

Edited by tmc0011

I do not have experience with this truck. You may be better looking in the micro scale section.

With regards having steering but no / or intermittent drive that is usually a sign that the battery is out of juice.... 

Not sure if you’ve tried charging it yet?... 

Thanks @stimpy hadn't thought of that!! I am now connecting each element in the correct order and it seems to be ok. Probably need a proper beefy charger that can tell me how much juice is left in the 2S LiPo.

Thanks

luckily the driveaway is stoney and we have plenty of spare deck boards and the like. just need to get my head around the charger situation now. it seems the charger works fine but if the 2s goes below a certain level then the charger doesnt have enough guts to charge properly. of course without measuring the battery its impossible to know the current level in the battery so when it goes below that critical level all hell breaks loose and i have to find a suitable charger with correct connection on it, work in progress now that school is starting again

• Like 1

Decided to see if the esc/rx combo can take Nimh. I can see a lipo/nimh diagram which looks like it can take either depending on where you place the jumper port. This battery is a dodo