• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Peugeot 405 (kit 3014)

Dawesy

Morning all!

New member here, looking for some help identifying more on the above! I’ve dug this out and think it must be at least 20 years old!

From what I can tell, the fuel tanks missing, the engines very tight and the one way bearing in the pull cord is broken!

Any ideas how I’d go about locating the bits to put it right? It doesn’t even look like the shell was ever finished, looks like it was put together, cord snapped and then left in the box!

C995CD30-A2DE-4D06-896E-A4C1EA82A7EC.thumb.jpeg.31dd29366fb8ead9d3bbfa74263b6d4e.jpeg

Cheers, J

• Like 1

some info here buddy

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=121585&id=4

I know a company was making reproduction shells mid 90s as they mate owned the rs2000 version etc should be ables to find a fuel tank off one of the the newer kyosho to finish or id turn it brushless :)  nice shell that our neighbour owned a 405 m16 growing up beast of a pug :)

6 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

some info here buddy

I know a company was making reproduction shells mid 90s as they mate owned the rs2000 version etc should be ables to find a fuel tank off one of the the newer kyosho to finish or id turn it brushless :) nice shell that our neighbour owned a 405 m16 growing up beast of a pug :)

thanks chap, hopefully the tank is in my parents loft - I’ve been out to check today and the engine is tight - it looks like the 4 hex screws holding the head down are also corroded and rounded, I was hoping I’d be able to remove it and check the piston / sleeve.

the shell is actually mint! It’s just got no decals, which is a shame... I’m in the process of renovating my garage, once it’s done I’ll get a workbench and start tinkering 😬

J

• Like 1

On 15/05/2020 at 13:43, Bajadre said:

some info here buddy

I know a company was making reproduction shells mid 90s as they mate owned the rs2000 version etc should be ables to find a fuel tank off one of the the newer kyosho to finish or id turn it brushless :) nice shell that our neighbour owned a 405 m16 growing up beast of a pug :)

Check out what I found in the box, the tank and the original stickers! 

FE03D779-CF73-4FCA-BB68-C375301ADDDE.jpeg

• Like 1