• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new FTX mini X LC90 owners

@Jack Reacher

I've had the Hobby Plus version for a few months and they are excellent. They are exactly the same as the FTX.

I bought the pickup because it was on a half price offer from Geekbuying in January. I also bought the other two bodysets.

Check to see if yours has the newer panhard set up. Mine didn't and the steering was very limited. Bad bump steer too.

I bought this conversion kit. https://www.asiatees.com/display?Hobby-Plus-CR-18-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Hobby+Plus&model=CR-18&id=162617&pid=1

It's very cheap and easy to fit. It's made a huge difference.

The best feature of these RC's are the tyres. Very soft and very grippy. 

These are some videos of mine with the three different bodies  before the lockdown.

• Like 1

Thanks for a great reply, i was going to link a couple of you video`s on this thread as i am subbed to your channel, and your video`s got me interested in this little crawler, i have the panhard kit in my cart at asiatees but will see if the new ftx model has it fitted, have a sneaky feeling it wont

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Thanks for a great reply, i was going to link a couple of you video`s on this thread as i am subbed to your channel, and your video`s got me interested in this little crawler, i have the panhard kit in my cart at asiatees but will see if the new ftx model has it fitted, have a sneaky feeling it wont

You're very welcome. I didn't know how to fit the kit when I got it and it didn't come with instructions.

I assume you will, but in case you don't I found this video very useful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB--09t5BmM&t=5s

I don't know how good the spares availability is for FTX  but the Hobby Plus ones here will fit and may be cheaper too (Chrome wheels for example).

https://www.asiatees.com/model?Hobby Plus-CR-18-Parts-Hop-Ups&brand=Hobby Plus&model=CR-18

The other thing I've done is split the axles and lightly greased the diff gears. They were bone dry.

I've also fitted the hop up 100T High Torque Motor, but to be honest I don't notice any difference from the stock 88T. Handy as a spare though !

I'm very impressed with how capable these RC's are, and it's become very useful in these days of self isolation.

Thank you for the subscription too. It's really nice to hear my videos have been helpful to other people.

I've made some videos in my garden with my 1/24 micro crawlers over the past few days, including the RGT24 V2 Adventurer (Defender).

I will upload them over the next few weeks.

• Like 1

BTW i am subbed to your channel under real name , i have emailed Modelsport to see if they plan on carrying spares waiting on their reply problem with Asiatee is postage costs, but if i order from them i will wait and get a good few bits

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

Mine came and runs okay, is the battery fully charged?

The USB charger included seems to take forever...

battery charged to 80% (lipo tester) so more than enough for a test in tiny garden to show the problem, sadly it is now all packaged up waiting for a response from our good people at modelsport, i feel this will be me done with the small crawlers, cant help but feel if i did not have bad luck i would have no luck at all 

Just had a run with mine, goes well! Perfect size for the garden. The charging is slow and my lipo checker shows them quite unbalanced but I'm sure I can find a solution to all that.

Will build more of a course tomorrow and get some pics. :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Just had a run with mine, goes well! Perfect size for the garden. The charging is slow and my lipo checker shows them quite unbalanced but I'm sure I can find a solution to all that.

Will build more of a course tomorrow and get some pics. :)

Good to hear you got a good one, i take it you are not having any trouble in reverse like mine, your lipo should sort itself after a couple of charge/runcharge cycles

Just now, Jack Reacher said:

Good to hear you got a good one, i take it you are not having any trouble in reverse like mine, your lipo should sort itself after a couple of charge/runcharge cycles

None at all, smooth forward and reverse. That's a real shame you got a dud, hopefully they can sort you out, I'd say it's worth it, they are the perfect garden gadget.

The dog HATES it, so that's going to be a problem if we are sharing the garden. :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

None at all, smooth forward and reverse. That's a real shame you got a dud, hopefully they can sort you out, I'd say it's worth it, they are the perfect garden gadget.

The dog HATES it, so that's going to be a problem if we are sharing the garden. :lol:

I am glad your one is a good un, im going to bail on this model and insist on a refund, sorry to say i will want a refund on the 2 extra lipo`s as they will be no use to me but if this thread has been a good place for you then thats a good thing

@Jack Reacher

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. You shouldn't have a problem getting a refund for the extra lipo's from Modelsport.

Last year I bought a Carisma Coyote Pup and an led set for it from them.

Long story short, first one faulty after 3 runs, new replacement sent, that one faulty after two runs, new replacement sent,

that one faulty after one run so I rang them to ask for a full refund, including the led set, which they were happy to do, and they sent me a prepaid return post label too.

I can't fault Modelsports customer care.

Edited by Only4Fun
  • Like 1

Thats good to hear^^^^, this has put me of the model, i seem to be having nothing but bad luck when it comes to crawlers, and way things are going if i went with replacement that would be faulty, rather not put MS to any extra trouble

• Like 1

Either just say it's 'model car parts' i.e. no lipo or if the return postage label makes reference to a lipo (no idea if it does...) then just stick your own postage label on. I'd rather be down a fiver than a hundred quid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bertberr said:

Either just say it's 'model car parts' i.e. no lipo or if the return postage label makes reference to a lipo (no idea if it does...) then just stick your own postage label on. I'd rather be down a fiver than a hundred quid.

I managed to send it parcel force and "declared contents"......knowing my luck Leeds sorting office will of burnt down lol