• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi from Essex

Jenny

Hi everyone 

Back in 2010 i purchased a Re issue Tamiya Sand Scorcher , to be honest fell in love with the little Bug. I became friends with the owner of The Bug Box in Germany & met him that year at the Volksworld show.

He Had just completed a 1:1 exact copy of the Tamiya Scorcher full running car , this now resides at Tamiya HQ 

Well after a few years i ended up selling my prized Scorcher (hard times) :(  2012 

Well i have a new one to build so thought i'd pop on and join in :)   

100_1444 (2).jpg

download.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Paul Mc Dowall said:

Hi also from Essex, had an original Sand Scorcher (my second rc) in my youth and had fond memories of that car, endless hours as a 12 year old trying to cure its leaking shocks..

Full size Scorcher look wicked!!!

Hi Paul , got to love a Scorcher even with leaky shocks lol ... Full Size one was so close to the model it was unreal standing next to it.  Below pic from 2010 at Volksworld Show in a sandpit ;) 

100_1436.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mark-essex said:

Complete with original transmitter, manual, mechanical charger, and a Tamiya hump-back battery that still charges up believe it or not!

IMG_20191107_064347.jpg

WOW!! Thats Awesome , thank you for sharing your loving Scorcher :)