• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hitec D845WP on Losi 5ive T mk1

Mack1

Have fitted my new steering servo this weekend.  It's a good job I have been at work otherwise I would have been shafted.  I realised that it would need some mods to fit so was prepared............ish.  yes it's a big servo, it fits nicely into the slot for the standard Losi servo with no mods. The height is about 6mm taller imo.

I have read up and people suggest it will require a 3mm packer.  I have cut a 6mm thick strip of nylon block for each end. I reckon now the servo sits off the chassis by 1-2mm max. Screw threads on the losi  servo tray are M3 and with the nylon spacer need to 25-30mm long, (sourced from work as well).  As you can see the Hitec in the photo they come up a little short against the new socket cap screws. Next was the rubber pads and brass collets, they were useless for me as they were for the standard Hitec servo screws.  I just swapped out the old rubbers and collets then fitted them onto the Hitec. Last but not least and possibly the best part of the build is the standard Losi servo arm is a straight swap. All that's left now is set the TX up and break something else.  The circle of life will be complete then.

20200313_213700_copy_1612x784.jpg

20200315_204049_copy_980x2016.jpg

20200315_204018_copy_980x2016.jpg

20200315_221305_copy_980x2016.jpg

• Like 2

In my latest 5ive I run dual servos, they have about the same torque as the 1000, but much quicker transit, as a pair the DM4000’s are bomb proof, but if I had to run a single servo now I would chose a D845 fo sho, the DM4000’s gears (aluminium) don’t cut it as a single servo in a 5ive........

EBB0-CD4-C-DD99-4-D22-822-D-3-E21-F4-E31

4 hours ago, .AJ. said:

I had a 1000, ‘twas a excellent servo

081-C4288-DDB6-41-E7-9220-0-DCE257-EAF47

This is what I'm running at the moment on throttle and brake, original with the car. No problems as of yet touch wood.

50 minutes ago, Mack1 said:

This is what I'm running at the moment on throttle and brake, original with the car. No problems as of yet touch wood.

My stock t&b servo developed a glitch, so I changed it to a original 845 (black case) which I bought new and unused from a member on here, yeah a 840 would be a better t&b throttle, but the price was too good to say no 

C2-C08987-A7-FE-40-FE-995-C-07-A5-EEF3-D

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 1111 said:

The Hitec 1000sgt is not original  equipment servo on a losi.

Quite right. But the servo in the picture is, and is what came originally with the car.

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

My stock t&b servo developed a glitch, so I changed it to a original 845 (black case) which I bought new and unused from a member on here, yeah a 840 would be a better t&b throttle, but the price was too good to say no 

C2-C08987-A7-FE-40-FE-995-C-07-A5-EEF3-D

Cool setup. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mack1 said:

The photo shown here IS a standard losi servo. Even says losi on it. 

081-C4288-DDB6-41-E7-9220-0-DCE257-EAF47.jpg

Edited by Mack1
Image didn't load with quote so added manually

27 minutes ago, 1111 said:

Clearly the steering servo has a label on (hitec1000SGT) not standard stock servo which is NOT a original steering servo! The stock steering servo is the same as the throttle.

There talking about the stock throttle / brake servo 😉  A rebranded Savox 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 1111 said:

The topic is about aHitec D845 servo DUH!!!!! Which is NOT a standard  original steering servo for a losi.

Yes but if you fully read the replys you will see there talking about the throttle brake servo 

The forums are here to assist and advise, the members on here are always well informed and helpful, everyone has an opinion, not always black or white. There are some amazing discussions and threads on here from some extremely experienced and knowledgeable personnel.

This thread seems like your just shouting at everyone about a servo.

One of the only things that is free in todays mad world is manners, ask father Christmas for a bag full,  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 1111 said:

It started  out as a steering servo and then  somehow a throttle servo but  The OP started as a steering servo! Again the hitec D845 servo is NOT a standard servo that is in  any losi.

No one on this entire thread as said that it is. Re read it . Why you keep banging on about the  D845 not being standard when no one as said it is , is beyond me .

28 minutes ago, 1111 said:

THEY DID!  You just can't READ. Hitec  servos are not original servos for any losi RTR or KIT. Must buy seperate

dude, calm down a bit lol,

re read the thread, no one said the 845 was an original servo, what the op did say was this was the servo the car came with,

so if he bought the car second hand and someone else fitted a servo, then that's what the car came with,

no one has said said servo came from losi from how I understand it,

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tug said:

You cannot say I'm off topic by saying this is hilarious, because it is, fact!

Mine's got an 845, plenty man enough for the job. 

Pfft. You need a mans servo lol 😉

DSCN0250.jpg

Just now, Rover Man said:

Pfft. You need a mans servo lol 😉

DSCN0250.jpg

Yup, but on my income I can only dream. Those things are rated in tonnage rather than mere kilos! 😔