• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Storage Charge - Rhino 5000mAh 4S from full.

AndyBell

Hi all, back again with another possibly daft question!

I have a Rhino 4S 5000mAh that I needed to put in storage mode but from fully charged.  It seems to be taking a really long time, the 120 min timer on my charger cut off twice and it still wasn't done. 

Is it normally this slow for a single 4S when storage charging from full with it draining rather than charging?

My Gens ace 2x 2S batteries went from around 87% to storage in a reasonable amount of time. 

I have a SkyRC D100 V2 if that helps, the only thing I've done to the Rhino battery is pop an EC5 connector on there, could a bad solder joint cause this?  Also, I haven't got round to running the car with the battery yet.  I checked the voltage and cells and all are fine. 

Thanks.

Andy.

Edited by AndyBell

Some chargers have very small discharge currents, would be quicker to run the car for ten minutes. 

Otherwise, yes, it's normal. My best charger runs 10 Amp discharge rates, so a lot quicker than yours. 

• Like 1