• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

18 hours ago, ridfrenzy said:

Hi All,

Looks like I burnt out my servo and need to replace, been doing a bit of reading but not entirely sure what servo I should be gunning for, can anyone recommend one?  From what I read a 15kg one will do but I am more wondering if anyone has a brand preference.  I was gonna go for one from banggood but I think impatience might get the better of me and will order one from bezos 😄 but none of the ones on amazon look particularly great?

Good budget option - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294933568193?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=owmmlsiysms&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=cZN4GHQ2QP6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Good not-so-budget option

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133456780792?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=n8HqH7Q2Qn6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=cZN4GHQ2QP6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

On 17/03/2023 at 15:49, ridfrenzy said:

Hi All,

Looks like I burnt out my servo and need to replace, been doing a bit of reading but not entirely sure what servo I should be gunning for, can anyone recommend one?  From what I read a 15kg one will do but I am more wondering if anyone has a brand preference.  I was gonna go for one from banggood but I think impatience might get the better of me and will order one from bezos 😄 but none of the ones on amazon look particularly great?

We've got the ds servo ds3225 25kg servo in our 2 mt10s and touch wood 10 months in and they are still going strong

So I ignored all your advice and went with this in the end: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B098QJGHY9/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item 😄

I put it in but the servo arm they provided was a tiny bit too big so I tried with the one I had, which got stripped relatively quickly.  So I dremelled the chassis out a smidgen and put the arm I got with the servo and working like a charm.

• Like 2

So the one thing that bugs me more than anything else is how quick I trash bodyshells 😞  My first one I did the scrim tape and shoe goo thing but it made no real difference to the longevity of the shell.  I actually trashed that one in less that 30 days.  Super noob at the skate park and the thing I was best at was landing it on the roof (my literal first jump I did landed on the wheelie bar and smashed that clean off 😄)  I have since got better but the the shells just don't last and they aren't exactly cheap either at 50 quid a pop.  The weak point is always the back two holes where you put the clips in.  So I did try glueing in a couple of washers to spread the shock more evenly but ultimately the back holes just give up.

I haven't reinforced the shells after the first and they lasted longer but mostly from me being more conservative with the driving.  Anyone got any tricks they have tried that actually work.  I am gonna try some foam, but not sure that will make much difference, especially as I need to put it somewhere that won't get in the way or melt  😄

6 hours ago, ridfrenzy said:

So the one thing that bugs me more than anything else is how quick I trash bodyshells 😞  My first one I did the scrim tape and shoe goo thing but it made no real difference to the longevity of the shell.  I actually trashed that one in less that 30 days.  Super noob at the skate park and the thing I was best at was landing it on the roof (my literal first jump I did landed on the wheelie bar and smashed that clean off 😄)  I have since got better but the the shells just don't last and they aren't exactly cheap either at 50 quid a pop.  The weak point is always the back two holes where you put the clips in.  So I did try glueing in a couple of washers to spread the shock more evenly but ultimately the back holes just give up.

I haven't reinforced the shells after the first and they lasted longer but mostly from me being more conservative with the driving.  Anyone got any tricks they have tried that actually work.  I am gonna try some foam, but not sure that will make much difference, especially as I need to put it somewhere that won't get in the way or melt  😄

Skate parks will kill cars. No amount of reinforcing a body will make it last. Concrete + Plastic + Speed = RC Death ☠️ 

• Haha 1

Same here. I use an FTX Carnage shell because they are cheap as chips and look okay enough. I've got shoe-goo and tape on the current one and I do reckon it helps. Also used to do the big washers thing. But its a basher so the shell will be the first to go, regardless what reinforcement you do, so I just buy cheap and disposable.

I'd like to stick a Big Rock shell on it, but be well unhappy when I wrecked it.

For those not on Facebook I spoke with the guy behind basherskinz and in the next few weeks he's going to be making some skins for the mt10, I'll post an update when I hear anything 

Screenshot_20230325_203746_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CUPRABullet said:

So the FTX shell fits OK does it?  Just have to drill different holes for the body posts I assume?

Yep, just drill some new holes and trim a bit out of the back for the wheelie bar

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, finally took the plunge on the Mt10.

I have been running the FTX carnage with my boys but every time we go out...there is always something to fix within a short space of time. We don't do anything excessive...usually on grass with one of those plastic skate board ramps.

Hoping the M10 is better.

So we got 1 x MT10 V1 used with a couple of mods (mine)and 2 x MT10 V2 for my boys!

Still waiting for them to be delivered but can't wait to have a full bashing session!!

• Like 3

On 01/06/2023 at 06:59, vimto2000 said:

Hey all, finally took the plunge on the Mt10.

I have been running the FTX carnage with my boys but every time we go out...there is always something to fix within a short space of time. We don't do anything excessive...usually on grass with one of those plastic skate board ramps.

Hoping the M10 is better.

So we got 1 x MT10 V1 used with a couple of mods (mine)and 2 x MT10 V2 for my boys!

Still waiting for them to be delivered but can't wait to have a full bashing session!!

the mt10 is 100x better than the ftx, but the 2 v2s especially will need a couple of tweaks, the servos are weak, the wheel nuts need swapping to nylock nuts and the hub caps want taking off and putting in the box

• Like 1

On 29/04/2023 at 12:25, Fred barlow said:

These basherskinz look great fitted 

IMG_20230428_163141.jpg

IMG_20230428_163155.jpg

How are these holding up since you installed them?

Got any updated pics?

Me and my friend have just swapped out the servo on mine for a 25kg Banggood jobby.

Seems to be working, but the problem is that all the controls have now reversed on my transmitter. (Wheel controls forward/reverse and trigger controls the steering)

We've tried every possible combination on the transmitter, and the cables on the receiver, but no luck with getting it back to normal again.

I feel a bit silly, but wondering if anybody could help out with this, as I'm unsure how to fix it. 

Cheers

Screenshot_20230601-181148_Chrome.jpg

20230601_181234.jpg

20230601_181240.jpg

Edited by James.S

Edit: cos I read your post incorrectly.

On the receiver it's channel 1 to steer, channel 2 for throttle, always. Never known it to be different on any kit I've had

Edited by psyklone6

15 hours ago, vimto2000 said:

How are these holding up since you installed them?

Got any updated pics?

they are holding up great a few little scuffs but they are 3x the thickness of arrmaskins 

3 hours ago, James.S said:

Me and my friend have just swapped out the servo on mine for a 25kg Banggood jobby.

Seems to be working, but the problem is that all the controls have now reversed on my transmitter. (Wheel controls forward/reverse and trigger controls the steering)

We've tried every possible combination on the transmitter, and the cables on the receiver, but no luck with getting it back to normal again.

I feel a bit silly, but wondering if anybody could help out with this, as I'm unsure how to fix it. 

Cheers

Screenshot_20230601-181148_Chrome.jpg

20230601_181234.jpg

20230601_181240.jpg

i run the same servo on our 2 and its held up well over the last year

• Like 1

On 06/06/2023 at 20:16, psyklone6 said:

On the receiver it's channel 1 to steer, channel 2 for throttle, always. Never known it to be different on any kit I've had

On 06/06/2023 at 21:22, Stormbringer said:

It does sound like the cables for throttle and steering are swapped mate 

Cheers guys. We'll try that out tonight. Although I could swear we tried every cable in every slot already, but perhaps not

• Like 1

15 hours ago, James.S said:

Cheers guys. We'll try that out tonight. Although I could swear we tried every cable in every slot already, but perhaps not

Any luck mate ?

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to blow the O ring in the rear diff! 

Didn't want to buy a whole diff kit to replace one O ring...so I bought these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MNLND2L

They seem to fit much better than the stock ones! 

Gonna put 5k in the rear as that's all I have 🙂

spacer.png

Old one left and new one on right.

Edited by vimto2000
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone, new here and new to RC

been close to taking up the hobby so many times but am now ready!

decided on a rival MT10 V2 as seems to fit the "beginners" bracket well

after some research i noticed common upgrades etc so I'm adding a few things to the basket, so far i have the rpm arms front and rear and some aluminium wheel hex's (along with some basic tools/sprays and threadlock)

are there any other must haves to get the most out of this truck?    I see esc and servos mentioned regularly but as a complete noob i figured just best to change as needed on the electrics side of things

i also hear the transmitter isn't the best so potentially after advice on a budget ish one that does the job  i can't seem to find anything on recommendations for this (will stick with og to start anyway, more for future if im using enough)

will be using 2s until I'm comfortable/confident enough in my ability but will eventually move to 3s, although 3s "ready"  are there any upgrades worth doing?

TiA

can't wait to test on some local dirt jumps!

Steering servo is bad so I'd add one to the cart along side a set of hinge pins because you'll find the stock arms are quite strong (on our 2 cars we've only fitted one to each), a spur gear is useful to have handy and get some decent nylock wheel nuts stock are pants (avoid fastrax ones I had 2 fail) I'd ditch the alloy hexes you don't need them but the best thing to do when you get it spray it down with gt85 and leave it to soak for 24 hours it makes things less brittle (I was sceptical but we've bashed the snot out of ours and only changed the 2 arms the rest of the plastics are original)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...