• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Goat Thread....... Axial Capra

.AJ.

• .AJ. pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I went and bought myself an early birthday present...a red RTR GOAT! 
I’m really liking it so far, a bit of pain to work on - yes I’ve already taken it apart and started on that slippery slope of modding. 
I really can’t help myself 😂

sMLmwfY.jpg

Flexin.,

qRMDZ8V.jpg

Open heart surgery...

F7taVHE.jpg

Getting there., 

mVl152L.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

i like that mate 🍻

I got it out on some serious rocks today and....I’m not really feeling the love for it tbh. 

Maybe it’ll grow on me.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Andy-Roo said:

I got it out on some serious rocks today and....I’m not really feeling the love for it tbh. 

Maybe it’ll grow on me.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Come on man!! That’s only because your other truck is so lush!!.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Acidsnow said:

Is it wrong to be planning on this being my next truck while my actual next truck is in the post? Damn coronavirus is costing a fortune! 

Perfectly normal. The last 2 weeks of this build i've been looking at Lancia HF Turbo's and the new TT02-SR (?)  chassis!!!

In my defence I have managed to sell one RC to fund the Capra;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Acidsnow said:

Is it wrong to be planning on this being my next truck while my actual next truck is in the post? Damn coronavirus is costing a fortune! 

I just so happen to be selling my Capra. Just saying 😂

• Like 2

Shhhh Andy, ye'll get me killed man! If it was this time last week I'd have been all over that like a dog eating beetroot. As it is, the toys budget has been well an truly burst, maybe time to sell a bike or two tho, but feel free to pm me a price. Keep it quiet mind! 

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Johnnybeats323 said:

I have a problem with my Capra, the back axle is locked and won’t go forward only backwards has anyone had this issue? I just bought it a month ago. 

I assume your front axle is fine?. In which case the Dig servo adjustment is out some, you will need to adjust the endpoints for this till it releases and functions correctly again.

If this does not do it then check the dig servo mounts and dig servo horn for foul play... Worst case disconnect it and wedge in 4 wd for now.... 

15 hours ago, Johnnybeats323 said:

I have a problem with my Capra, the back axle is locked and won’t go forward only backwards has anyone had this issue? I just bought it a month ago. 

If the axle will only rotate one way, it is probably the diff jamming. I built my goat from the kit and noticed this effect. I fixed it by generously greasing the diff.

On 17/06/2020 at 18:33, Andy-Roo said:

I just so happen to be selling my Capra. Just saying 😂

Don't sell the Capra yet!  It just needs a few tweaks: Pen springs in the shocks and lead in the front wheels.  Oh, and a 3S LiPo! 

Mine also has front brass portal housings and a bull bar to protect the headlamps.

Capra1.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 06/04/2021 at 18:30, walkbythesea said:

Considering a Capra for myself and just thought I’d check in to see how you’ve all been finding them after a few months and whether you’d buy it all over the same if you were going around again?

I guess it depends upon what you may be driving and what appeals to you in the looks department... Mine is still in bits! But then I've put more energy into comp focused rigs instead. Whatever floats your boat 👍

But certainly it is more capable out of the box than a lot of "trail" rigs.

• 3 months later...

Had mine for a few months and have some Treal beadlocks which have added some weight.  I also got some Treal 6mm hex adapters but possibly have an issue fitting them.  They only go on if I remove the metal spacer in the stock plastic portal covers.  Anyone know if that is normal?

If I leave the small spacer in then the hex pin wont go through!?  Love the fit and quality of Treal but they are definitely lacking in the instructions department.

Just worried that without the stock spacer that debris will be more likely to enter the portal gears.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2021 at 22:08, MrCake said:

Had mine for a few months and have some Treal beadlocks which have added some weight.  I also got some Treal 6mm hex adapters but possibly have an issue fitting them.  They only go on if I remove the metal spacer in the stock plastic portal covers.  Anyone know if that is normal?

If I leave the small spacer in then the hex pin wont go through!?  Love the fit and quality of Treal but they are definitely lacking in the instructions department.

Just worried that without the stock spacer that debris will be more likely to enter the portal gears.  

Late to this.... I assume you are not trying to run them the wrong way round?. Daft question I know but possible....

Oh, and on a side note I just realised my Capra has now been in bits for a year.... 🙈

Edited by stimpy
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Late to this.... I assume you are not trying to run them the wrong way round?. Daft question I know but possible....

Oh, and on a side note I just realised my Capra has now been in bits for a year.... 🙈

Ha ha I did try both ways but neither fitted!  In the end Treal came back and in pigeon English told me that the stock spacer did have to be removed.  The seller said he had never seen that issue before and had fitted them on his with the spacer so I am at a loss.

Have actually ordered some GPM Racing ones to see if they fit!?

10 minutes ago, MrCake said:

Ha ha I did try both ways but neither fitted!  In the end Treal came back and in pigeon English told me that the stock spacer did have to be removed.  The seller said he had never seen that issue before and had fitted them on his with the spacer so I am at a loss.

Have actually ordered some GPM Racing ones to see if they fit!?

😂 OK Cool man. 

Personally, if the trial spacers end up replacing the space of the spacer then I wouldn't worry to much about it...

I assume you are just trying to widen the track further? If so you can also do that with different offset wheels or hubs ( Dependant if your wheels have the ability to swap hub sizes)...