• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Goat Thread....... Axial Capra

.AJ.

So who else has one? I’ve only seen one other on the forum, they seem to be the new hotness over the pond and the Americans have gone crazy for it.......

I bought one last week with the 10% eBay code and some Nectar points for just over £300, I’ve already got a servo, a Bluebird 36kg jobby, cheers to @CarlC, ive also ordered a set of beadlocks with Hyrax G8 tyres, VP 20mm servo arm and a SuperShafty servo mount.... Just need to decide on electrics now, brushed? Brushless?? 

One small problem, this is all for Xmas, so I have to wait till then to start the build :( 

So in the meantime we can talk all things Capra on this thread 👍

F8-C2-FC36-6-BF7-4-F43-A5-FC-C688564-C5-

• Like 3

Great rig very capable out the box. Not noticed any issues with the servo mount yet but switching to a 46kg JX when it arrives so will see then. Brushed for now and to be fair was fine but will end up brushless most likely a castle/holmes setup.

IMG_20191104_195741_547.jpg

• Like 3

When I saw the title I was thinking some kind of ritualistic worshipping thread......

then saw the axial capra.

looks a nice bit of kit but sadly not for me. I will absorb the thread though, all knowledge is good :good:

• Like 2

Started the build on mine tonight, so far the plastics are definitely an improvement over past axial models. The shocks are also a massive improvement. Hoping to get it built and run by the end of this week 👍🏻

Gonna run it brushed for now with a Tekin 35t motor and trusty HW 1080 esc. Hoping my PowerHD 25kg servo will be enough as the yanks seem to be putting mega 40+ kg servos in theirs, they do like overkill everything though especially in the electronics department 😂

Gonna run SSD Beadlocks with Traxxas Canyon tyres for now and take it from there. Got some eBay special wheels on the way and will no doubt get some new rubber too, lots of people running hyrax but I fancy something different so I’ll keep browsing 😊

• Like 1

I’m still scratching my head over the motor and esc? Cheapo 16t 5pole and a 1080? Hobbywing Axe 2300kv, loving the 1800kv combo in the 6x6, HH Crawlmaster or Torquemaster Pro and a BRXL, i ran a Torquemaster Pro 27t and a BRXL in my Wraith (2012?) long before most people in the UK had even heard of Homles Hobbies or maybe a top draw spec HH Puller Pro and a MMX, love the rock racer mode in the MMX and was really impressed with the Puller Pro R I had in the Yeti.... 

• Like 1

Depends if you're actually going to use it, locked axles don't like speed, add to that the portals which are for right now, still untested long term under power, it might get expensive for not a lot more gain.

Just my 2p, but I would go with a quality HH motors and 1080 ESC, get the gearing right on 3s and you'll still have some good wheelspeed with the low down control and not ridiculous axle snapping power.

• Like 1

O/D gearset should be with me tomorrow for mine. Went with the Boom Racing set as apparently the SSD set doesn't mesh very well. Will get that fitted over the weekend along with new servo/motor. Bit of weight adjustment also then give it another test run.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, .AJ. said:

I’m still scratching my head over the motor and esc? Cheapo 16t 5pole and a 1080? Hobbywing Axe 2300kv, loving the 1800kv combo in the 6x6, HH Crawlmaster or Torquemaster Pro and a BRXL, i ran a Torquemaster Pro 27t and a BRXL in my Wraith (2012?) long before most people in the UK had even heard of Homles Hobbies or maybe a top draw spec HH Puller Pro and a MMX, love the rock racer mode in the MMX and was really impressed with the Puller Pro R I had in the Yeti.... 

oh yes mate, them were the days, I finally killed off the Holmes hobbies brxl and motor in my wraith.

having not ventured into the brushless crawler scene (had a play with a hobbywing axe set-up in a scx10.2) but I still find everything I want from a well set up brushed motor, hobbywing 1080esc, although I love the Tekin fxr’s I still run apart from the lack of being waterproof.....

• Like 1