• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi DBxlE V2 1/5 4wd

Fly In My Soup

@mydoddy69 (wanna see what you think)

First video shows the DBXLE in the second half (first half is petrol DBXL). 

I'm not gonna lie, this is probably my favourite release this year by quite a margin. I might be very mistaken here, i've never owned the original DBXLE, but in many videos i watched in regards to the V1, it seemed very "nose heavy". Basically it nose-dove every (or at the very least, most) jumps. I don't think it's fixed, but it seems at least in these videos very improved? I love the way it just irons through the wavy stuff. Which sucks, because jeebus did i fall into the "stairs trap". Starting at the Super Baja Rey (around £750), i then thought "well if i pay that much, i might as well get an X-Maxx" - bam, decision made, had to be an X-Maxx (after it became clear what Arrma is doing, even more so now that we already can see the flaws). £950 now. Now i'm looking at these videos and some tiny voice in the back of my head already goes "well, you know.. it's only £110 more than the X-Maxx.. just saying..". 

45mph out of the box, and it's probably just made for where i'm going to run it (dunes/sand/beach). 

Great. Now what am i supposed to do. My wife is going to rip me a new one lol. 

edit: second video 6:34 he throws it top speed into a dirt mound. No bending occured. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

@mydoddy69 (wanna see what you think)

First video shows the DBXLE in the second half (first half is petrol DBXL). 

I'm not gonna lie, this is probably my favourite release this year by quite a margin. I might be very mistaken here, i've never owned the original DBXLE, but in many videos i watched in regards to the V1, it seemed very "nose heavy". Basically it nose-dove every (or at the very least, most) jumps. I don't think it's fixed, but it seems at least in these videos very improved? I love the way it just irons through the wavy stuff. Which sucks, because jeebus did i fall into the "stairs trap". Starting at the Super Baja Rey (around £750), i then thought "well if i pay that much, i might as well get an X-Maxx" - bam, decision made, had to be an X-Maxx (after it became clear what Arrma is doing, even more so now that we already can see the flaws). £950 now. Now i'm looking at these videos and some tiny voice in the back of my head already goes "well, you know.. it's only £110 more than the X-Maxx.. just saying..". 

45mph out of the box, and it's probably just made for where i'm going to run it (dunes/sand/beach). 

Great. Now what am i supposed to do. My wife is going to rip me a new one lol. 

edit: second video 6:34 he throws it top speed into a dirt mound. No bending occured. 

I got to be honest I loved the v1 so these are very much on my radar I think there built better than the kraton xl even the motor is better I just love the way they rip around vastly better than the kraton xl imo but and there’s always a but there different rigs similar but not really the same. 

lastly I have a x maxx so this would be my next choice but this or an x maxx hmm that to me would be a x maxx but tough choice 

It looks the nuts though and these new v2 ones are awesome 👍👍

edit 

For where you using it I think this might be better suited for running in the woods parks bmx tracks skate parks etc the x maxx is KING 😂👍

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

Yeah, but i have never, and will never, run my RC in a skate park (and we don't have a BMX track anywhere here). :D

What i have plenty of is flat ground, beach, dunes, grass. 

Don't get me wrong, haven't made my mind up yet (surprise) - mainly because i feel like even with the GensAce 6750s the runtime is a little.. meh, but.. It just looks awesome. The X-Maxx still has appeal with wheelies on demand, being a bit more bonkers. 

31 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Yeah, but i have never, and will never, run my RC in a skate park (and we don't have a BMX track anywhere here). :D

What i have plenty of is flat ground, beach, dunes, grass. 

Don't get me wrong, haven't made my mind up yet (surprise) - mainly because i feel like even with the GensAce 6750s the runtime is a little.. meh, but.. It just looks awesome. The X-Maxx still has appeal with wheelies on demand, being a bit more bonkers. 

Open flat ground dunes and grass I reckon the maxx might get a little boring after a while where as these would be killer imo 👍 

Tough call though i have a lot of woods where I bash so x maxx is best but I also have a nice open playing field or 3 which I’d get one of these for 👍

I'll probably spin the wheel honestly, can't afford but want both and have trouble making my mind up. 

Just need to find some proper high capacity lipos, since we can't get SMC or Venom stuff anymore (rather, not reasonably). Some 8000mah 50+C packs would be great.

200C burst discharge seems.. optimistic. That'd be 1600 amps. 

In that case i'll stick with "if something seems to good to be true" - i have not met a single person running them, and there's pretty much not a single review out there. In terms of batteries, i don't take chances, so i'll pass on them (potentially missing out on a gem - but i rather be safe than sorry). 

I wonder if it's not better to just get two sets of cheap 4s zippies/graphenes with around 5000mah rather than one big set. 

• Like 1

The ludicrous lipos are just rebadged vant lipos and I think the name came from the price 😂😂

Ive only heard folks bang on about the 2s packs most seem happy enough though 

Someone  once told me where lipos are concerned get the best you can happily afford  that’s why a like the cheap ones as I’m a cheap skate 😂😂

• Haha 1

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5000mah-1s-20c-lipoly-single-cell.html

That's what i can happily afford lol.

I'll have a look, if parcel forwarding is a realistic option (with shipping costs, taxes etc) i'll see if SMC packs are an option, other than that i'll probably go with the 6750s GensAce. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

The ludicrous lipos are just rebadged vant lipos and I think the name came from the price 😂😂

Ive only heard folks bang on about the 2s packs most seem happy enough though 

Someone  once told me where lipos are concerned get the best you can happily afford  that’s why a like the cheap ones as I’m a cheap skate 😂😂

I thought they were made here in the UK ?I have never heard of vant lipos but if the ludricous are re badged vants and slot cheaper I would love to know where to buy some.HRB are ment to be very good for the price.

1 hour ago, martin34 said:

I thought they were made here in the UK ?I have never heard of vant lipos but if the ludricous are re badged vants and slot cheaper I would love to know where to buy some.HRB are ment to be very good for the price.

there shipped in from China fella there not made here 

Vant are great lipos cheap and extremely well made sadly there Not cheap to get here as you have to have a minimum order of 50 packs 🥴.  I did try and get a pool going to get some here but sadly didn’t get enough takers onboard to do it 

• Like 1

Minimum of 20 packs on Alibaba at 60-70 USD per pop, just checked. 

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Long-life-RC-car-lihitun-battery_60269732389.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.23.6aed5694FcsqJX

And yeah, they look like the ludicrous packs, at least shapewise. Meh. -.-

14 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Minimum of 20 packs on Alibaba at 60-70 USD per pop, just checked. 

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Long-life-RC-car-lihitun-battery_60269732389.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.23.6aed5694FcsqJX

And yeah, they look like the ludicrous packs, at least shapewise. Meh. -.-

Go direct you get a better deal but you have to buy more  but even at 20 packs that’s not a bad deal to be fair if you can get a pool of folks interested there a great buy 👍

edit I’d be up for some 👍👍

Edited by mydoddy69

• 3 weeks later...

If you look at the Spektrum radio range, any radio that supports "SMART technology" has telemetry out of the box. Things like the DX5C SMART, or the DX5 Rugged etc. Don't know for sure about the DX4S, but pretty certain it doesn't support "SMART". Look for "Spektrum Smart technology ready" in the product description.

Edited by m4inbrain