• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Badcrumble’s 1st Scaler - Basic GCM JK Jeep

Thanks @Redback, I could so easily have given up on this but I am so glad I persevered. It has given me the opportunity to try so much new stuff and there's a real sense of achievement that comes with it.

Plenty more bodywork left to do and a move to LiPo is definitely on the cards.

Edited by Badcrumble

• 8 months later...

My RC love has been waning recently, the winter is never great in my cold damp garage and my spare time is limited and now competing with a miniature painting commission.

Mrs BC had an overnight with work so I gave El Kid a few activity options - he chose working on my trail truck with a view to running it today.

So it gained the axle shims and Tamiya 6mm hexes it has been waiting for and I tidied up the wiring with some zip ties. Woo hoo! Then the truck threw it's usual curve balls.

1. No compatible XT60 lead for the 2S LiPo

2. Body rubbing on the lovely Pit Bull Rock Beasts

spacer.png

Edited by Badcrumble
  • Like 1

So I charged up the 3S that is too big to fit in the rear deck and we swapped the tyres out for some piddly looking GMade MT1904s (I think that's what they are, it has been a long time.

Then this morning, with a forecast of light rain,  we hit the trail

spacer.png

Edited by Badcrumble

He piloted the truck brilliantly, it had more pace than we needed and conquered some incline / decline tests without any roll overs. And the odd puddle.

spacer.png

It ran faultlessly. Than never happens for me.

Of course, it wouldn't be a 'Crumble RC day without some issue. I went to storage charge the LiPo and the balance lead plug disintegrated. A few scary sparks later and I had everything disconnected .

Any lessons for me? Had it been a Tamiya it might not have taken me two years to get it running...and it still isn't finished...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1