• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and shareΒ all things R/C!

Conductive glue πŸ€”

Snfu

on small wires i usually tin both ends then hold them together and put the solder tip on top for a few seconds til it melts together or like mond said try a gas torch higher heat though i only use my gas torch on thicker wires for the 1/8th gear as my smaller 40watter wont heat the wire through enough

The main problem with tiny wires is stripping the insulation off, I use a lighter to melt it a little the just pull it away from the wire then tin and join, don’t forget to put the heat shrink on first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget conductive glue. If the wire is corroded or oxidised then it won't tin no matter how much heat you put on it. You need to keep cutting the wire back until you get good clean conductor.

Β 

Easiest way to solder two wires is to pre-tin each first then bend them over into a hook shape with long nose pliers. The hook then together and close the hook loopsΒ with your pliers - this way they stay connected without holding with your hands. Then apply solder to the joint and you should get a nice neat job. As above, don't forget to put the heatshrink on your wire first!

Edited by PH001

You guys inspired me to have another go. & I did it. The connector wires are off a micro T. I've always had trouble soldering losi stuff. It reacts far too much with the air. It was badly corroded. I managed to get enough wire (it was very short) exposed to solder it 😊. Cheers guys