• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dynam Spitfire

Hi all,

So I am collecting a Dynam Spitfire tonight bit of an impulse buy but thought why not! 

Its the 900mm version, anyway should be interesting as I have never ever flown before, or for that fact know where I can fly it! 

Anythings I should be mindful of? 

Edited by tamiyafanboy

Best of luck! I found planes to be quite tricky, at first.

My best advice would be to try and relax; use easy, gradual inputs. It's all-too-easy to get flustered and try to over-correct any mistakes with drastic inputs. Don't try too hard, just fly in big, wide circles and do basic alterations, until you get the hang of it.

Honestly, if it was me, I'd invest in a cheap, polystyrene "trainer" plane to get to grips with, first! :good:

2 hours ago, Bajadre said:

defo invest in a  rc flight sim before taking to the skys buddy well worth the sticktime and practice etc id agree with Praetor too build up to that size til you feel comfortable in the air :)

Best tip - Sims first, and if you can, graduate to bigger planes. Did that too. Bought myself a Tundra, got a bit intimidated, bought a tiny UMX Timber, flew that a little and then went on to the Tundra.

The radio that comes with the RTF should be working with sims. 

As a sidenote, though i haven't flown this specific plane - low wings in general are trickier to fly, even if it has a gyro. Generally you want to start with a high wing, if possible even with a bit of dihedral (angled up, self stabilising). 

Edited by m4inbrain

Hi guys thanks for the tips, I have been looking into simulators! 

The reason I go it was because it was a very cheap find on facebook market place and I love spitfires.

Apparently its an easy fly but we will soon see, its all modular so I can swap everything out very cheaply.

Here are some pics just need to do the stickers!

jxvgetZ.jpg

SM7MolG.jpg