• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

X Box / Driving Games. Help I have no idea!

mark-essex

Got a bit more time on my hands now and really fancy getting a games console and some driving games.

X-Box seems to be the preferred console (?) and the 42" TV I want to play on is not 4K so I'm assuming the S would be suitable rather than paying out more for the X.

I'm not interested (well not at the moment) in playing online. 

Forza Horizon 4 seems quite popular in a bundle at the moment, would that be a good place to start?  Kind of interested in an F1 game too.

I last played on a Playstation 1 (don't ask how long ago) with Colin McCrae Rally, an F1 game f some sort and a few others.  Times have moved on and I 'm confused (I'm old!).

Looking for advice on console choice, games choice etc.

Thank you!

Forza as already said.

i have Forza 4 for the old Xbox 360, just enough settings on the cars without all the faffing about you would have on grand turismo (Sony’s driving game)

reminds me, I fancy having a blast again, been too long since the games machine has been on.

I like my F1 games, my current favourite on the Xbox One is 2017.

Forza Horizon I find boring and too easy, but Forza Motorsport aren't too bad.

I'm guessing you'll have next to no experience, so perhaps Forza Horizon 3 and 4 are good places to start for you, especially if you're not bothered about being online either.

Dirt are also quite popular games if you're into rally.

• 1 month later...

Forza series on the xbox (Horizon being more arcade and.. "colourful"), Gran Turismo on the PS4. Project Cars and PC2 are somewhat more realistic in physics, so is Dirt Rally 2 (i think both exists on both consoles). In regards to xbox one S and one X, same with the PS4 and PS4 pro, ability to handle 4k isn't the only difference. For quite a few games you have the choice between 4k30 or 1080p60, which makes for a smoother gaming experience (for example Forza Horizon 4 runs in 1080/60 on the One X, but not on the one One S). 

It all really depends on what you want to do. 

One tip i'd give: have a look around in regards to compatibility with proper steering wheels/pedals/H shifter. If you start to enjoy racing to the point where you want to go further and find out that the console you have doesn't support decent wheels, that'd suck.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dirt Rally 2.0 is what I'm playing it's incredible I suck at it with any powerful car I can't keep it in one peice lol. But I'm getting better with starter cars like golf gti type stuff I only have it at 71 difficulty and struggle to win some tracks especially if it's dark. 

It's a brilliant game and people say it's a sim racer too but I think it's much much easier than dirt rally 1.0 was I had 0 chance at that game. I was very good at Dirt 4 the arcade version. Ide put Didt rally 2.0 in the middle or dirt4 and dirt rally 1.0 best of both.