• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What is the best budget Trail Truck?

13 hours ago, UnkownRC said:

Yes it will. There is only 5mm of a difference between its wheelbase and that of the Carisma Coyote so you would barely see the difference. 

If you do go for the Carisma Coyote may I suggest you buy the kit version. 

As well as getting the satisfaction of building it you also get the second generation parts over the RTR. 

These include chassis mounted servo and battery tray, stronger shock mounts, aluminium shocks and proper 1.9 beadlocks (albeit plastic). 

46 minutes ago, UnkownRC said:

Do you need to buy your own servos, electrics etc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You would with the kit yes. 

The other option is to go for the Range Rover version which is RTR and has the second generation parts. 

Obviously it's a wee bit more expensive due to the licensed body but at £269 it's not too much of a stretch on your budget. 

Edited by stupar
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I am in the same boat, and want to buy me and my 7 year old a pair of crawlers. I am looking at both the Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E at £199 and the Axial SCX10 II Deadbolt at £269. (black Friday deals apparently)

Considering we are both new to the hobby/sport, would anybody suggest the Axial is worth the £70 extra? My son is keen to do some log/rock crawling and scales and light river running...

Any help appreciated 

Many thanks, Dan

I have the carisma coyote and it's a great bit of kit and I've seen the lynx RTR version available for £199 mine was a kit and a straightforward build despite some manual quirks. Easy to work on and various bodies available they've just launched a Subaru brat version.

11 hours ago, stretch said:

I have the carisma coyote and it's a great bit of kit and I've seen the lynx RTR version available for £199 mine was a kit and a straightforward build despite some manual quirks. Easy to work on and various bodies available they've just launched a Subaru brat version.

Hi @stretch thanks for the advice. Is there much difference between say the Lynx and the Range Rover shells (amongst other body shells)? Or is it just the shells that are different? I've read a comment saying that the Range Rover and others has upgraded parts already? If so, is it worth the extra £80?! Or is it just the license for the shell that bumps the price up.

Thank you 

Edited by danielnr

I’ve got a carisma too, great truck can’t fault it 👍

id buy the Range Rover over the lynx for the upgraded parts which you’ll probably end up buying anyway. Also the Range Rover body is a thing of beauty while the lynx is a pig ugly shell 👍 

here’s me coyote 

9A91DECD-F169-4A03-81E9-96B9148CC2A0.jpeg

Edited by Andrew Burnie

22 hours ago, danielnr said:

Also @stretch, where in Suffolk are you? I'm near Ipswich - are there many groups near by? 

Thanks

Shells are more personal preference for me I like the pick up look hence the coyote. I got the kit and fitted a bearing kit as well as it comes with bushings. 

I'm in Ipswich as well mate so if you need anything ask away.

Edited by stretch

• 3 weeks later...