• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Jumpshot V2 - Coming soon

capri-boy

Seems HPI have listened to the original Jumpshot owners and have rectified some of their concerns.  Certainly a more eye catching shell design.  Info from HPI:

The Jumpshot trucks have been updated to face the toughest tests that HPI bashers can give them! The new Jumpshot MT V2.0 features an awesome brand new look, tougher drivetrain gears, a more powerful motor and upgraded steering and suspension parts, plus a larger and easier to access battery box. Even better, the motor is now upgraded to an extra-powerful 12-turn, 550-size motor and punchier gearing for extra speed and acceleration! With a T-plug battery connection, it's easy to instantly fit a LiPo battery! The new Jumpshot V2.0 trucks let you select your own battery, whether it's from your existing collection or a fresh one from your local hobby shop. The Jumpshot V2.0 is the update that many HPI fans have been waiting for!

HPI Jumpshot MT v2.0 120080

No word on pricing or release date as yet..........

View full news article

• Like 1

Yay! Tougher drivetrain! Does that mean the idler gear & diff housing are no longer made of milk chocolate?

As for the "more eye-catching shell design". It's the exact same shell, with a different paint scheme. A worse paint scheme...

If the issues are fixed, this should be a good one!

On 27/11/2018 at 23:14, Oh How Original said:

Sorry HPI.... But you are about 2 years behind Arrma and Proline :unsure:

seems to me like they are still stuck in 2008 not 2018 :P 

9 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

As far as I'm aware, hpi was purchased by ripmax back in 2016

Yes I knew that, should have been clearer, who is HPI in the UK? Ripmax themselves or another distributor? Either way my LHS has pretty much given up on them.

14 hours ago, Jumper said:

seems to me like they are still stuck in 2008 not 2018 :P 

Judging by this 'new' model I'd have to agree.

Apart from rock crawlers, is there really any call anymore for an RTR brushed model?

There are already so many on the market from HPI themselves, Maverick (some irony to the fact they're HPI as well!) and so many other companies.

Flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

23 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Judging by this 'new' model I'd have to agree.

Apart from rock crawlers, is there really any call anymore for an RTR brushed model?

There are already so many on the market from HPI themselves, Maverick (some irony to the fact they're HPI as well!) and so many other companies.

Flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

There is if Ripmax can get HPI products on store shelves. It seems like the smaller hobby shops still sell HPI stuff and HPI as a brand still has some clout. Still, a properly updated Baja and Savage would sell. Probably get cloned shortly afterwards and sold at half the cost.

41 minutes ago, mond said:

There is if Ripmax can get HPI products on store shelves. It seems like the smaller hobby shops still sell HPI stuff and HPI as a brand still has some clout. Still, a properly updated Baja and Savage would sell. Probably get cloned shortly afterwards and sold at half the cost.

What could you do to a Baja to make it better?

Nothing, the original design was perfectly fine, they could maybe add better stock tyres, but then the price would go up, so you might as well buy it cheaper then buy some much better tyres for about the same amount as they would add on.

Sometimes there isn't anything worth doing to a model and often there's no call for a new model to be released.

Same with 1:1 cars, the amount of horribly cheap tacky made vehicles on the roads, all the new cars (newer than 2015) were I live have such bad paint jobs, it's all bubbly under the lacquer.

Our 2006 Golf has such nice paint in comparison.

It's just something new to sell to people with more money than braincells :D 

• 3 weeks later...