• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Are we doing this right

Lone-wolf

Been playing around modding a new rock racer, its really got me thinking about scale crawlers, in general tall narrow tyres, a big lump of weight lipo fairly high up (top heavy)

Cant help thinking lower CG, much wider tyres/wheels to make the car more stable, lower weight mass, you look at the Traxxass summit 1/16, and that seems to have lots of grip, a wide track so more stable, a low CG

The issue is most so called crawlers are not crawlers they are scale trucks so people put looks before function, true comp crawlers use very skinny tall wheels with carbon fibre wheels and no weights in them to reduce rotating mass and the weight is usually somehow attached to axles.

• Like 2

I have most of the weight up front on my Unimog SCX 10ii the cab allows for the lipo to be mounted on its side the flat bed hides the canter-lever rear suspension which is quite weighted as it’s metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk