• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Turning advice

MuntyScruntfundle

Hi there.

I'm looking for some very general advice that I can use as a starting block.  With a 4wd truck, what basic steps will help with turn in corning?  In other words I'm suffering under steer getting into corners.

I've managed to tune all my small trucks to do just what I want, but this 5ive (e) is a different beast!  There are no servo issues, no saver slack.  The last toe setting from yesterday is pretty neutral, all shocks are around 50%.

As I say, I'm looking for basics, something I can build some knowledge from.

Many thanks.

It is possibly a gross oversimplification, but in general softer things grip better. So softer tyres, softer inserts, softer springs, softer shock oils, etc.

Another potentially gross oversimplification is to say that you can tune for understeer or oversteer by moving your grip bias backwards or forwards.

So therefore, as a broad starting point, to make your car under understeer less, you can fit softer things to the front or harder things to the back.

My apologies if I was stating the obvious, but you did ask for general advice! :)