• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Clone ESC and motor combo...

noddy_2121

Hi all,

im sure someone suggested a good clone ESC and motor combo they bought from an eBay shop.. I just can't remember what to search for.

im after something that will run a 4s. I do like the hobbywing ESC and motor combo for £155 from modelsport but if I can save a few quid I will.

can anyone help please?

thank you.

What model is it going in?

1/8th scale buggy?
Motor

ESC

90 quid for the ESC and motor. ESC can take up to 6s, and waterproof. RC mart is a decent place to buy from, though it will take a few weeks.

Motor is a castle "copy", some people can't tell them apart from genuine motors, lots of gossip and theories about them. I've had 2 of the 2200kv (60 quid) without issues...

The 2650 will take 4s. Also will take a few weeks to show.

Just my suggestion. I'm sure someone else will throw 2 pence in the pot.

• Like 2

I've got two of the setups listed above, One in a D8, other in a D812
I've run it on 4s for about 8 months without any problems, 
Recently brought the 6s Castle motor from ebay and i've also had nothing bad with that, But maybe i got lucky?

1 hour ago, Vr5fx said:

What model is it going in?

1/8th scale buggy?
Motor

ESC

90 quid for the ESC and motor. ESC can take up to 6s, and waterproof. RC mart is a decent place to buy from, though it will take a few weeks.

Motor is a castle "copy", some people can't tell them apart from genuine motors, lots of gossip and theories about them. I've had 2 of the 2200kv (60 quid) without issues...

The 2650 will take 4s. Also will take a few weeks to show.

Just my suggestion. I'm sure someone else will throw 2 pence in the pot.

Thank you, il have a look.

its for my hyper 7 Brushless conversion...

It'll be brilliant for that :) 
Also the last time i ordered off Rcmart (Bout two weeks ago) i had the part in 6 days so can highly recommend them

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sppiinn said:

It'll be brilliant for that :) 
Also the last time i ordered off Rcmart (Bout two weeks ago) i had the part in 6 days so can highly recommend them

Id like to order both the ESC and motor from rc mart, is there a combo on there you can suggest please? Save me getting one from eBay and one from rc mart, would rather get both from same place ;) don't know why...

I have also run that same clone 2650kv motor in three of my cars  and have hammered them on 4s for over a year.

No problems whatsoever!

It's very very good motor.

Highly recommend!