• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Pricing

TWINSET

That is an interesting move. It is sometimes better for smaller shops as it stops larger shops buying bulk and therefore being able to out price the smaller shops however it does mean we don't see great deals or discounts on new items. 

I guess it forces the larger stores to maybe make there margin up from package deals or other accessories bought with the car rather than discounting the car itself. 

Seems wrong to me whatever spin they give. Sale prices cant hurt sales of 20-30yr old cars everyone has probably owned already or their dad. We all know they are a step between toy and hobby grade. But the prices tempt us sometimes even the cheapest prices dont though. 

Demanding they be premium brand is stupid. Surly sales will plummet without the impulse purchases. 

Ide rather see them pass the tamiya torch to TRF make that the new generation of tamiya and roll modern kits out not just racers but the same level of quality. Inc 1/8 bashers. That would be cool. 

Leave the tamiya brand as what it is a gateway include all the TRF info in each tamiya box or tqped to the outside if old stock to make sure everyone knows TRF is the next gen. Keeping the old stuff at its best sale price to keep bringing new people in to rc. Then hooking them on TRF. 

I really wanted some 1/10 on road to just over power and see what happens. The white TT01 kit was about £50 Somewhere and perfect plus cool being white. But i still passed on it. Ive wanted the ford capri for awhile to display. Its cheap. But didn't. Brought a cc01 and wish i just got abother scx10. Theres no justification for this but lazy greed. 

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

Lmao, if had been Traxxas, the pitch forks and torches would have been lit by now...

i think it it will harm Tamiya more doing this than offering cheap kits, more importantly, if increasing the price to level the playing field so to speak then should we not have bearings, oil filled shocks and hex hardware.....

THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT MAKE SOME TAMIYAS CHEAP.

another company that clearly doesn’t research what customers want....shame on you Tamiya. :whistling:

• Like 1

This all seems a bit silly... and also, VERY short-sighted!

I love Tamiya, but realistically, the vast majority of their kits could do with being 10% cheaper than they are, plus they should really be including bearings and oil-filled shocks, with everything.

And that all should have happened 10 years ago!

• Thanks 1