• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Land Rover!!!!

TWINSET

1 hour ago, 53HRA said:

If the body is ABS, then consider it sold. The detail will be perfect just like all their bodies ....  :mf_dribble:

It will probably be lexan hope I'm wrong but even if it is if is hopefully it will be nicely detailed as well I'm still sold :) I'm looking at getting a cc01 soon so might just hold off and see what this looks like 

4 minutes ago, mond said:

Just need the body.  CC01 bodies fit the MST CMX/CFX

This would be my preferred route too.

the cc01 chassis’ are ok, once you pumped some more cash into it, then takes you to the point of getting something decent to start with.

had a few over the years and the only one I had that honestly worked, came in at 500 inc. kit and still couldn’t go the same places a stock scx10 would go.

looking forward to seeing pics, prices etc. The wife not so much :whistling: :rofl:

1 hour ago, big gaz said:

But the landy doesn’t have ifs :whistling:

have to say say a nice bowler replica would look superb :good:

guessing around the £180 mark though.

Modelsport have it listed already at £199 (RRP £225)

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-1-10-land-rover-defender-90-cc-01/rc-car-products/432309

IS that good?

Now I like the look of that :yes: but not the price :( that's 1 of the 2 things I don't like the other is as @big gaz said they don't have IFS think I would wait for the bodyset and get one hopefully I'll have an cc-01 chassis by then :lol: 

Edited by RC4WD fan

11 hours ago, TWINSET said:

Not cheap? extortionate more like :blink:

The VW Amarok's only £159 and the (hard bodied) MU is £169

Yeah, when I think about it more, your right......

considering it has bushes and not bearings, crap steering, limited gearing, flexible links, silly brick on front of chassis, can’t be bothered thinking about anymore...

i want a mu but ill I’ll get a bodyset instead, one of these too and plonk them on a 1/18 crawler, width should be about right and just a case of knocking up some chassis rails...

On 01/06/2018 at 10:02, TWINSET said:

I guess it depends how 1/10 scale the KB shell is - If it's true scale, the wheelbase should be 229mm and shortest CC01/CMX WB is 242mm

Team Raffee do a CFX-friendly D90; 

https://www.asiatees.com/article?[Video]-Custom-Built-MST-CFX-%26-TRC-Kahn-D90-Defender--&id=2944

Remember the CFX and CFX-W are two different trucks. The standard CFX is a CMX with a front mounted motor. The W is SCX10 sized with portals.

On 06/06/2018 at 07:39, mond said:

Remember the CFX and CFX-W are two different trucks. The standard CFX is a CMX with a front mounted motor. The W is SCX10 sized with portals.

Where did the -W get mentioned?

Edited by TWINSET