• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scxii honcho or carisma sca1e?

Second hand eBay will net you a good crawler for nearly half that budget. For some odd reason there's a flurry of Vaterra Twin Hammers but usually will get at least one Scx10 per week and/or a Wraith.
If you're set on new I'd recommend the SCX10.2 and use it stock till you need to replace [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have an SCX10 and SCX10ii. Both really good trailers/crawlers. The SCX10ii is pretty decent out of the box. My SCX10 (one) has been tweaked here and there and performs just as well as the SCX10ii.

I don't know a huge amount about the Carisma but it does look smart.

The beauty of the SCX10 and SCX10ii is the amount of third party part support. For me, I would go for an SCX10 of some sort.

Edited by monkeyboy_uk

I have a carisma coyote and really enjoy it, I have never owned an axial so can’t offer a true comparison I’m afraid. 

The carisma I feel is a great vehicle to get you started and is easily modified and customised. 

A few things I wasn’t too happy with when I got it were the tyres not offering as much grip on rocks (they say it’s more a trail rig from the box) also being fitted with bronze bushings instead of sealed bearings (bought bearings on Ebay) there is a fair amount of slop in some of the suspension rod ends but will replace them when needed. The stock wheels are 1.55 on the outer and 1.9 on the inner which make changing the tyres impossible without also changing the wheels. 

I’ve modded a good few parts of mine now and I’m pleased with what it can do. It’s great value for money in my opinion. 

From what I can tell axial quality is better. 

17EAE2F2-F5B9-4145-BDCA-3693BFC3DCE7.thumb.jpeg.4f0c40264413d04095f444c9f67fe0f1.jpeg 

Edited by Wabom1981

Cheers for the responses guys. I've just been relocating all my rc stuff into the small underground space under the house. It's not going to be the warmest in the winter, but the space is exclusively mine and away from the kids!
Also means i can stealth purchase a new kit! Might go for the scx10ii kit and get bits as I go along.

• Like 1