• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thinking about selling up.

RCmk

19 hours ago, RCmk said:

Sorry if I haven't replied guys as I'm abit busy at the moment with a few other things. 

But I'm gonna stick with a complete sale at present just because I'm undecided on how I'm going about things.

It's all or nothing as I want to raise these funds. 

The Mrs won't let me sell for much less then what I'm asking lol can you believe it lmao.

If I get my asking price I would like to donate some money to the charity of the buyers choice.

Thanks for looking guys.

Where did the asking price come from?

Youve got some HPi's which are nice, but the Ansmanns and Durango's don't even exists now, and quite frankly you'd be silly to invest in them unless it was to replenish a waste car.

Either way I know what its like to 'need' to sell what you don't want to to get some capital, so good luck with the sale.

Asking price is based on what they are worth to me and the minimum I'm willing to part with them for.

All the cars are solid strong rc's and parts still available for all of them.

The Durango's are excellent race buggies. Highly tunable.

Ansmann X8e is same as team c X8e so parts still available and highly rated rc for good handling. Expensive electrics cost me over £300 alone.

Terrier again excellent solid tank of an rc, very similar to hobao rcs sure some parts compatible. Maybe a clone. 

And Hpi are no longer around or taken over. But Ansmann to me were long in the game and I personally love their rcs like macnum and so on. And I'm sure the durangos would give the team associated stuff a good run for its money.

But that's only my view and opinion, could be aload of junk in someone else's eyes but hey that's life.

If I sell the lot and later wanted to return to the hobby I would be more then happy to have all these exact same rc's.

Again thanks for the feed back, always appreciated :D

Have a look on previous ebay adds to see what they go for but to be honest at £1700 they won't shift especially as a job lot, you won't get what they are 'worth' to you.

Savage xs flux £300 each RTR new

Firestorm flux £280 new

Ansmanns probably sub £100 as people will probably buy them for spares (going by ebay prices)

Durangos probably £100-£125 (going by ebay prices)

So on the models alone someone could buy the same for around £1150 and 3 of them would be brand new rtr with warranty.

12 minutes ago, NeverGrowingUp said:

Look on eBay what each one is worth mate. If we all valued stuff on what they are worth to ourselves nothing would ever be sold. I valued each at 100 on average hence my valuation of 6/700. 

Prepare to keep hold hold of them if your really expecting 1700ish 

These are all cleaned and rebuilt, some run,  some not run and some need finishing off, but they ready for use pretty much. 

These are prices I would put out there as a rough guide line, do not hold me to these figures ask I would probably be look around that price, maybe a few penny's more or in a rare case a few penny's less..

This will give an idea of how I get to my figure. 

Rtr Firestorm £200

ARtr X8e 2 £350 reduced already 

RtrTerrier £130 I think it's up for

RtrSavage xs full hd rebuilt £350-380

Not even run yet.

Artr savage xs £180

Rtr Durango,

artr Durango 

Nearly a complete 3rd car £300

Taking the lowest figure that totals £1480 

And £220 for all the rest,  spares, lipo's,  chargers tires, bearings which easily I could get £300-350.

Totals £1700 or 1700 packs of haribo's:P:D

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RCmk said:

And £220 for all the rest,  spares, lipo's,  chargers tires, bearings which easily I could get £300-350.

Last time I bought floueron lipos they were about £22 for 2! what chargers are they? if they are single channel low wattage they don't go for much either. If you can easy get £350 (after fees and postage I say go for it as that should help you on your way.)

18 minutes ago, stretch said:

Have a look on previous ebay adds to see what they go for but to be honest at £1700 they won't shift especially as a job lot, you won't get what they are 'worth' to you.

Savage xs flux £300 each RTR new

Firestorm flux £280 new

Ansmanns probably sub £100 as people will probably buy them for spares (going by ebay prices)

Durangos probably £100-£125 (going by ebay prices)

So on the models alone someone could buy the same for around £1150 and 3 of them would be brand new rtr with warranty.

Appreciate what you are saying but I know the hpi's are popular and I understand fully you don't get back on what you put in with most hobbies. 

But a savage rebuilt everything, complete hd drive line, dogbones, 25 or so bearings, new slipper clutch assembly fully built gear box and not run.  

Let's say £250 for a standard xs, £150 in hop up parts and rebuilt. £350+

Things a beast ready to be unleashed.

Anyone who's owned one knows how good they are and usually ends up getting another. 

6 minutes ago, RCmk said:

Appreciate what you are saying but I know the hpi's are popular and I understand fully you don't get back on what you put in with most hobbies. 

But a savage rebuilt everything, complete hd drive line, dogbones, 25 or so bearings, new slipper clutch assembly fully built gear box and not run.  

Let's say £250 for a standard xs, £150 in hop up parts and rebuilt. £350+

Things a beast ready to be unleashed.

Anyone who's owned one knows how good they are and usually ends up getting another. 

A standard XS is £300 new with warranty so it's unlikely you would get £250 for a standard second hand one (a few have gone for around £150 on ebay).

2 minutes ago, stretch said:

Last time I bought floueron lipos they were about £22 for 2! what chargers are they? if they are single channel low wattage they don't go for much either. If you can easy get £350 (after fees and postage I say go for it as that should help you on your way.)

Maybe abit optimistic but I do see over £220 in parts for these cars. I don't know the specs of the chargers off hand and floreon lipo's are cheap, they came with rcs I bought but work fine. One lipo I paid £86 odd quid new and used 2 times. 

Anyways again appreciate the feed back. 

And I'm guessing with the figures I posted any potential buyers might be put off now if I do part it out,  but it gives a ball park figure on what you would be looking to pay for me to part with it, the lot.

If there is anyone that is interested and would like to negotiate a deal feel free to Pm me. I am serious about selling it all. I will provide as much details and pics needed as I know it's a lot of money and I would like the buyer to have all the information to make sure they happy to do a deal.

Appreciate the feedback stretch thanks.:D

Again thanks for the feedback guys it's genuinely appreciated.

I am probably going to take the cars out for a run tomorrow or Monday as the weather's perfect for rc'ing finally..!!!

I'll give them a good run, make sure they all running ok.

I don't bash my rcs as in jump them or any heavy abuse. Usually run them somewhere flat, tarmac,  short grass and I don't keep the throttle pinned down longer then 8-10 second as I don't want to stress the electrics or lipo's. I'm being honest as poss, so you won't be buying abused rc's. 

Thanks again guys and I will update on how things ran and if there's any issues.

Thanks ;)

Ive been following this....just thought I'd give my honest opinion ( not that it counts for much :D) as a trader/former trader ( I still dabble here and there)

This is a classic example of over valuing your stuff.....as a general rule you should take the price you bought the kit retail, then take away over 2/3 of its value....you can add on some (a little) value again if its RTR with some lavish upgrades.

you're collection is worth around £450 - 500 AS A JOBLOT, I'd comfortably put money on that figure being correct, that's because, in reality, the profit margin for a trader to buy your joblot isn't as large as some would think.....said trader would get around £800-£900 if they sold all this individually, but some need transmitters,parts,work/time,eBay/PayPal fees, postage packaging x2 ....etc etc to reach the lofty resale figure...

a quick glance at what you've got is telling me a lot aren't rtr, a large portion are also 10 scale.

I'm saying this as a seller, not a buyer....... mainly what I believe this will appeal to, is a user of rc, not a trader per say....which, if there's more than one interested, can raise the ceiling of the value (bidding war etc )....

Personally speaking, I wouldn't sell ALL of your rigs, Rc is a great stress relieving hobby full of benefits for your mind and body.....being outdoors...social interaction......motivation to achieve/accomplish......so try to keep one or two back for yourself to use when you need to scratch that rc itch!!

If you genuinely need cash in a hurry....you should put the higher value 8 scales on eBay, individually, on a three day auction listing for each, no reserve £100-£150 starting bid ....that way you'll get some money through in three/four days

Just a thought....

3 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Ive been following this....just thought I'd give my honest opinion ( not that it counts for much :D) as a trader/former trader ( I still dabble here and there)

This is a classic example of over valuing your stuff.....as a general rule you should take the price you bought the kit retail, then take away over 2/3 of its value....you can add on some (a little) value again if its RTR with some lavish upgrades.

you're collection is worth around £450 - 500 AS A JOBLOT, I'd comfortably put money on that figure being correct, that's because, in reality, the profit margin for a trader to buy your joblot isn't as large as some would think.....said trader would get around £800-£900 if they sold all this individually, but some need transmitters,parts,work/time,eBay/PayPal fees, postage packaging x2 ....etc etc to reach the lofty resale figure...

a quick glance at what you've got is telling me a lot aren't rtr, a large portion are also 10 scale.

I'm saying this as a seller, not a buyer....... mainly what I believe this will appeal to, is a user of rc, not a trader per say....which, if there's more than one interested, can raise the ceiling of the value (bidding war etc )....

Personally speaking, I wouldn't sell ALL of your rigs, Rc is a great stress relieving hobby full of benefits for your mind and body.....being outdoors...social interaction......motivation to achieve/accomplish......so try to keep one or two back for yourself to use when you need to scratch that rc itch!!

If you genuinely need cash in a hurry....you should put the higher value 8 scales on eBay, individually, on a three day auction listing for each, no reserve £100-£150 starting bid ....that way you'll get some money through in three/four days

Just a thought....

Hi mate,  

Thanks for the response,  everyone's opinions and advice has given me lots to think about, it's all greatly appreciated and I should be in a better position to deal with these rcs.

Looking to run them later today, if not then tomorrow.

Just need to find somewhere to test them around Milton Keynes if anyone knows any good spots??

Guessing alot of people will be out and about as it's a lovely day.

Hi guys,

Just to update I run the rcs today and and the results are as follows...

Durango one is red and white shell, has the rear motor setup and citrixs esc and 13.5T speed passion sensored combo, ran faultlessly infact was quite impressed with the combo. In terms of drive and handling I found it outstandly good, excellent buggy.

2nd durango is the green and black shell, mid motor setup with the speed passion reventon r esc and 6.5T sensored motor. Again electrics ran spot on and it's a very quick smooth combo.

Tires let it down but have another set. Car drove excellent and handled superb.

Firestorm drove great as expected, pinion came loose so that ended play. But handled and drove perfect.

Savage XS hd gave slight issue as rx tx needed to be bound, bound it then it worked fine but in reverse,  as in fast in reverse and slow forward. So need to change settings as I had a quick check online. Gave it a quick test lol and it felt quick in reverse lol and smooth. Hopefully sort it tomorrow and give it a run but I'm confident it's 100%.

Ansmann X8E well I was amazed and impressed at how good it was and how well the chassis drove, extremely good and excellent handling to say the least. 

And the combo is excellent piece of kit, I feel I have under priced this as it is a amazing rc, guys I highly recommend one of these or team c equivalent. I had the most fun and use out of this and have no issue if this don't sell. Managed to get a few videos of this running but useless at uploading videos.

Ansmann Terrier 

Things mental in terms of power but this is the one that got away if ya like lol

Okay the electronic are abit glitchy and I thought it was the rx tx, or something to do with the servo drawing to much power. Esc I'm assuming was fine as in it did work.  Got some usage out of it but found when it went about 40-50 meters away it would cut out,  then make a screaming type noise when trying to accelerate. 

I have now opened the motor up as it's jammed, and found the magnet on the centre shaft is cracked and broken. So motors duffed unless I can find a centre shaft and then look to rebuild,  be easier to buy a new motor and or esc. 

Driveline was fine and handled well, the only issue I have with the chassis is the front end is two low, the shocks may need a rebuild or some stiffer springs.

And that's basically how it went.

If I get time tomorrow I'll take the savage XS out for a quick blast. Firestorm too.

I'll update with a forsales thread tomorrow hopefully and see what happens from there. 

On 07/05/2018 at 20:38, Rover Man said:

As ive already asked please use the sales section if you want to sell these items on here .

Thanks

Dave

Hi mate, 

I will be putting these up in the sales thread as requested. 

Just so you all know I'm putting them on Gumtree also to attract more buyers. But would be more then happy to try and work out deals for all forum members.

If anyone was interested in the rcs  individually or as some kind of package deal pm and I'll see if I can help you out.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks aswel Dave and I'm sorry if I wasn't complying with forum rules. I will put stuff up in the forsale section.

Edited by RCmk