• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Upgrading A Slash

Hey boys it's a spy!

Kidding.. As some of you may remember, not too long ago I bought a 2WD, Brushed, Traxxas Slash. I'm happy with it for now but I suspect my motor and/or ESC will eventually fail. When this happens, I'd like to upgrade my motor and ESC to brush-less. Ideally, I'd like to be able to use 4S. It would mean I could combine my current 2S lipo's. Just wondering what my options are, as of 2018. Ideally a budget motor and ESC would be what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Is this for high speed running or bashing? 

4s off road 2wd it will be annoying i think. 4s slash 4x4 off road videos put me off doing it. It just skipped around one wheel at a time lol. 

A 3s combo might suit just as well if bashing. 

I have a hobbywing ez run(can't remember what size motor)set up in my slash and have just stepped up to 3s lipo. It was fast on 2s but on 3s its mental, the only problem is it's now finding all the weak parts of the truck. If you go 4s let us know how it goes.

my slash 4x4 has a castle/mamba monster x combo which is 4s capable but i have never bothered running 4s as 3s is plenty quick enough. might have to try it soon though just out of interest. i imagine 3s in a 2wd will be a bit wild

Yes marc83 3s in a 2wd slash is wild. i wanted a 4000mah but accidentally ordered a 2200mah. was mad at myself until i charged it up and stuck it in the truck! instant wheelies on tarmac:D