• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Traxxas E-Revo 2.0 Thread

26 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

They're manufactured by changzou amass, which despite being Chinese, do seem to make quality connectors.

The standard deans ultra plugs are rated for 50amp draw, whereas the xt90 from amass are rated at 90a continuous draw so you should be OK

P.s shop around too, I see amass also off the xt90s (anti spark) for a good price too, every shop and his dog seems to stock them so they must be decent.

If I had the need I'd go for shulze connectors, rate for 200a but are very pricey, great for the 1/5 brushless lads though

I haven't ventured to 5th scale electric yet! Think I'll hang onto petrol for a good while to come :)

Glad those plugs will be good. AMASS connectors have always been good to me, same brand as what my Deans connectors are.

Massive thanks to tanveer who helped me get my Revo back up and running.

new motor, new diff ring and pinion gears, went with 60k diff fluid front and back and 50wt shock oil.

took it out last night and its running better than ever, didn't stay out long as i was getting eaten alive by every insect known to man.

• Thanks 1

Been having a great time bashing the E-revo 2.0 over the last couple of months and thought I'd share a few pics with you guys.  My son is getting a bit bored with the MERV as he can't keep up over the rough stuff so I'm on the lookout for a used 2.0 if anyone is thinking of selling?  Gutted I missed out on the one Bix just sold, that was a good deal...

y4mXSohiN9jUdw7TVjNDRFLKDaN4siqLBCuR4pd5

y4mkfn8QBoe-q1k6i1iYKopMBdjdQvETfXKzbbMLy4m6PDX3up_wjJXUhqqsXn_5XeEqfxKZasPb--Or

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, .AJ. said:

What’s the parts numbers for the servo blanking plate and HD servo spring??

edit, found the spring, but no stock in the uk 

Id make a plate. The Traxxas one never ever fitted correctly and to my knowledge has never been changed or updated 

• Thanks 1

My lipos fit perfect, these are what I used to run in my YXL, I’ll only be running 4s for now, so I’m going to up the gearing to 16/46 as recommended by Traxxasssssss

2_DDC6_B83-9_F63-4_F2_E-8_B73-5_F260_E9_

36_D59733-_F07_B-42_D2-_A54_F-_C76_D41_D

I’ve got to wait for some adapters to turn and then she will be a runner 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Tbh I’ve got nothing planned, I’ll probably stick my radio gear in at some point and upgrade the servos, but for now it’s staying bone stock ?

How un AJ like :lol:

I've used black magic lipos before, served me well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll probably stick a pair of SRT CL6023’s in mine when the time comes....

I’ve just ordered the firmer Black springs for the rear, then I’ll stick the stock Tan rears on the front, I’ll also up the oil to 50wt at the same time, I know some people run much thicker oil and heavier springs, but I think that takes away from the lovely suspension action of the Revo.... Also I’ve got one of these wheelie bars on the way...

3_E2_B2_FCC-78_D3-45_C7-_AE8_B-_E2_FB61_

So far I’m liking it, it has to be one of the best looking RC’s ive ever had... I’ve still not run it yet tho, because I’m waiting on some xt90 to Traxxas battery adapters, all I’ve done is add the wheelie bar and change the gearing to 16/46 

I’ve caved in and cancelled my Rustler and bought an ERevo 2.0 from Modelsport on eBay using the 10% off code :)

The £50 saving will pay for the servos and Ill probably stick a new ESC n Motor in it at some point

What servos does everyone go for?

That’s your call, Ive got a couple really good servos that I could fit, this is probaly the most suitable...

http://www.rcmart.com/holmes-hobbies-230100006-hv500v2-brushless-high-voltage-36kg-servo-p-75380.html?cPath=1099_103

Or this one , or possibly a pair 

https://www.rprcdistribution.com/product-page/srt-cl6023-lv-coreless-waterproof-servo

Picked up a GDS Xmaxx pinion, the one I had was about 2mm thinner than the spur gear, the GDS ones are the same thickness at 8mm, I’ll more than likely fit a GDS steel spur, but I won’t spend out on it till I’m happy with the gearing 

836818_FA-_D4_C2-4633-_B7_C5-3_AEF68_C23

Had my new charger turn up today, no more messing around with my old single port :) 

C5_AED194-2_DE1-42_B7-_A124-6111846628_B

• Like 1