• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Super Baja Rey Thread

.AJ.

Guess it depends what you want to do with it, you won’t be doing flips at BMX with it, but it will be awesome hacking along at 50mph+ over rough terrain and doing smaller jumps, I’ve got mine as a show boat kind of RC and have no intention of smashing it up at a Skate Park lol :) 

23 hours ago, tanveer said:

I'm in two minds, do I wait for my e Revo or call wheelspin and tell them iv changed my mind and want an SBR...decisions decisions.

I honestly wouldnt bother with the E Revo 2.0. I was dead set on one. Theres some horrendous reviews and issues across the pond. Id definately cancel. Wether you go for an SBR with the money is upto you, but I certainly wouldnt get the ERevo 2.0. This is coming from a die hard Traxxas fan. Id 100% change it to this if you can. Or depending on your finances see what the Traxxas UDR is like?

8 minutes ago, Guns said:

I honestly wouldnt bother with the E Revo 2.0. I was dead set on one. Theres some horrendous reviews and issues across the pond. Id definately cancel. Wether you go for an SBR with the money is upto you, but I certainly wouldnt get the ERevo 2.0. This is coming from a die hard Traxxas fan. Id 100% change it to this if you can. Or depending on your finances see what the Traxxas UDR is like?

Iv been having a read through the traxxas forum and initial responses aren't too good. Like you I'm a traxxas fan but I may well end up getting the SBR or the UDR. Il pop into wheelspin when the SBR is in stock and make my mind up. I don't mind spending £800+ on an RC aslong as it looks well built and parts support is 100%

1 minute ago, .AJ. said:

The UDR is certainly more scale looking, but apart from that I know what I would choose....

F986323_B-_F3_F0-4_F32-_AD4_C-87_D05_D3_

At this stage the SBR is looking like just what I need, I'm just a little dubious about how everything is accessed from the bottom, looks like it could be a pain, but then the UDR is the same.

15 minutes ago, Guns said:

Still kinda want either an SDR or UDR but not enough to pull the trigger.

You've cracked it - the Super Desert Rey, the best of both worlds! :lol: 

On 25/03/2018 at 12:09, .AJ. said:

I bought some off eBay ages, they were about £7 each 

Actually is this losi metric? I forgot ther usually imperial hardware but saw reference to 2mm and 2.5mm. This set is metric i think but they might have imperial. 

Hobbyking has some nice turnigy t handle stuff i got nut drivers and very very happy with them. 

Bit old but i got these draper set. £13 for the whole set and draper is half decent kit. My mechanics boss used draper and kamasa. The manager had snap on everything. But the boss swore his tools were as good. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172785312600

Not sure if reach is enough though. 

Edited by RCbutcher

It’s all metric, you need a T Bar Allen just for 2 screws, they are tucked away and no way you can use a normal driver and get your hand in the gap...

6s lipo arrived today, so looking good for a run out at the weekend :) 

45_DF2_A11-6_CE7-4_A6_F-_A6_C3-_B44112_E

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

It’s all metric, you need a T Bar Allen just for 2 screws, they are tucked away and no way you can use a normal driver and get your hand in the gap...

6s lipo arrived today, so looking good for a run out at the weekend :) 

45_DF2_A11-6_CE7-4_A6_F-_A6_C3-_B44112_E

Looking forward to see what you think of it on 6s

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Guns said:

The only  reason ive not got an SDR is its made by Losi and distributed by Horizon. Still kinda want either an SDR or UDR but not enough to pull the trigger. Id need a go of one but they seem annoyingly tail happy?

Its tail happy depending on the terrain. It says it’s a 4WD but it’s more a AWD. It defo seems biased to the rear for power. 

6S - 50% throttle mode is basically 4S 100%. It’s a monster. The cage aside, it’s great fun and I enjoy it.

to be honest, I’ve kept it in 50% most of the time with the occasional crazy 5 minutes on 100%.

Edited by Thom