• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Super Baja Rey Thread

.AJ.

Fake disk rotors, easily remove if they ain’t your thing

7_B3835_A8-_E3_E6-49_D6-85_DA-43_F3_DEC9

Rear toe inserts in the rear axle, set to zero degrees as stock

EC57_A2_CA-4_BE7-4_B13-_B70_D-8_B49_BB1_

A set 3 degree inserts are also supplied 

CD4_DD5_E7-1_F9_A-4421-8_E2_D-8_EDAF678_

Dog bones and axles look well up too the job, but a shame the bearings couldnt have been a bit biggger

2_C044_AB7-0_DE7-449_E-_BF4_B-3909460853

First mod..  Changed the esc wiring to a single connector as I’ll only be running single 4 or 6s packs and yesterday when I first went out I left the jumper behind....... 

95622503-_C8_F3-4613-831_E-_A2_E1_EACAC8

8_B9_DD779-_C518-4_C39-86_C8-_EBF225_EC2

Ive also had a fiddle with the esc settings and turned up the brakes and upped the BEC voltage to 8.4v, I’m not sure if the Servo will thank me in the long run though :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

The drifting was me :good:

Thats good to hear, I know its not exactly made for a car park but theres nothing worse than powering it out of a corner and the back going. Wondered if it was a characteristic of the rear axle

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

First mod..  Changed the esc wiring to a single connector as I’ll only be running single 4 or 6s packs and yesterday when I first went out I left the jumper behind....... 

95622503-_C8_F3-4613-831_E-_A2_E1_EACAC8

8_B9_DD779-_C518-4_C39-86_C8-_EBF225_EC2

Ive also had a fiddle with the esc settings and turned up the brakes and upped the BEC voltage to 8.4v, I’m not sure if the Servo will thank me in the long run though :lol: 

Apparently quite an improvement to handling on 8.4. Lots of guys are going to a 21T pinion. Makes this thing a bullet apparently. I’m happy at 19T to be honest.

5 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Found this good size comparison pic 

42_A74_F0_E-_E337-4_D94-8_DA0-10_F81_BF7

AJ what did you use to get to the last two cage bolts (near rear shock) - I presume you are using an leccy screwdriver as there’s literally no room to get leverage on it using hand Allens?stripping mine down for a clean as it absolutely filthy today including some big puddles so want to ACF-50 it all.

Edited by Thom

5 hours ago, .AJ. said:

I use something like thIs, I’ve never been a fan of using electric drills, they can can cause more issues than they solve

81_A26_FE9-_CCE7-4_D74-_BDB9-8_CCB7_D5_D

With such an awkward position on that last hex, I feel that tool should have been included.

thanks I’ll look at getting these. Screwfix has the 2mm but not the 2.5mm. Without looking at the truck, isn’t the screw in question 2.5mm? Gah!

Edited by Thom

5 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Yea it’s 2.5mm 

Cheers. Got some but those screws were massively over torqued. Was hell getting them out. Honestly, that screw there is an absolute terrible design decision.

Thankfully I love the truck. Not going to put it back on until the FPV mount arrives. Like the fact it has the FPV mount supports out the box, you just need the mount.

If they weren’t for the fact that it’s the god damn main cage support screw, I’d of left them out. Honestly, that’s how much I hate them. I don’t get how they couldn’t do better, especially after the SCBE and DXBLE. 

They missed the fact that the average RC’er loves to fiddle and the shell/body should be easily removable, I’m sure someone with come up with a 3D printed quick release solution at some point 

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

They missed the fact that the average RC’er loves to fiddle and the shell/body should be easily removable, I’m sure someone with come up with a 3D printed quick release solution at some point 

Not even that. I just want to maintain it. Had a splash and already surface rust on the screws. It all needs a big coating of ACF-50.

3 hours ago, tanveer said:

Do these super baja reys run 8s lipo? been watching some vids and people seem to mention that its 8s capable. Hobby quater even uploaded a video of it drifting on 8s im just unsure.

Yes they support 8S but recommendation is short runs due to 1200KV and heat.

8S has also wrecked tyres on a few, so you’ll be needing more or aftermarket

• Thanks 1