• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Let's see your snow bashing photos/videos!

XV Pilot

Just a little test run today. First time the Firestorm has seen snow. We're in for more tomorrow and I planned to take it somewhere I could have a proper play, unfortunately a stripped spur has put a stop to that idea :(

b91635f20ae2d89a2b072dbb885d3148.jpg

55fc1597b298c4ec7a4bf14b8c4f3208.jpg

9cfa8f98127e17542f9edf2ef7656283.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tug said:

Can't believe how easily that ploughed through the deep stuff! :o

I was pleasantly surprised - the G6-01 is hardly the lightest chassis out there and I was expecting it to get bogged down quite easily. However with an extra two tyres worth of contact patch, it rides over the worst of it and has enough grip to power through the rest. 

• Like 2

Transport Scotland reinforces the red weather warning for snow and advises all motorists to avoid travelling on the roads, unless they have six wheel drive and four wheel steering.

Gotta say I didn't do as well in drifts as XVP.....

Edited by Fiend
  • Haha 1

@big gaz thanks dude, was fun to get out there. And I'm sorry/not sorry for providing more G601 temptation ;)

Today's escapades, some Ion Ice Skating:

maverickice1.jpg

Edited by Fiend

Finally had a good bit of snow over Swindon yesterday so after work today got the kraton out 

first time for me with an RC in the snow and boy what fun 

how do you guys record and drive at same time? 

also once i got home the whole chassis was in bedded with snow is there a way to minimise this i know the kraton is waterproof but nice to eliminate some of the snow that sits in the chassis 

20180302_162232.jpg