• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Quick Slash Related Question

I've asked this on the Traxxas forum with no reply as of yet. I've ordered a Brushed Slash 2WD, which is due to arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Just wondering how big, in terms of length, the battery bay is. I have some LiPos which are around 170mm long. I suspect they wont fit in the bay without some modding. Just want to be sure. If you have a Slash and some free time, please feel free to measure the bay and let me know, haha!

Cheers!

Pretty sure its

Battery Tray Dimensions*: 165x49.5x23mm

Traxxas sell a battery bar that lets you use thicker lipos, but not longer, so youre going to have to get creative. You can dremel so they fit under the ESC i believe. That said the price of lipos might be worth just buying a new lipo that fits.

Edited by Guns

Thanks for getting back to me guys! I guess I'll have to dremel the highlighted area (or at least part of it) in the attached photo. My Lipos are only 15mm high and 45mm wide. So on those axis, it's fine. I don't want to buy new LiPos as I literally have no other use for these. They'll go to waste if I don't use them. I've seen someone on Youtube do a tutorial on extending the battery bay already. Shouldn't take more then 20 minutes to do. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the Slash and get it done!

Capture.PNG

Edited by RegisteredUser
  • Like 1