• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

30 dnb buggy thread

kenny_st

I’m going to just bash with my mates on a field with a few cones thrown out not into the seriouse racing so a bit of less traction more action sound good to me. I may eventually but for now I’m going to save up for some alloy Losi 5 arms and bits to fit them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bear0091 said:

Just grabbed mine off the guy from DPD. 

Cant wait to get it unboxed lol. used to have an FS racing 1/5. hoping this keeps the hobby going for the next few years.... 

Was half tempted to get one but seeing as I have the Losi B already I thought another buggy was overkill ;)

had a tentative go at bonding some metal mesh onto the body last night. not very confident anymore lol. tried the recommended cyano glue but it wont fuse the metal to the body. hoping you guys can maybe steer me on the right choice. i have a plastic mesh alternative but would prefer it to be metal

On 30/07/2019 at 21:10, markymarky said:

Was half tempted to get one but seeing as I have the Losi B already I thought another buggy was overkill ;)

u wont regret it if you do get one lol. had a tiny bit of bother gettin mine started but it jus wanted leaned out a bit from factory setting. today is masking and painting the body....... will post some pics when its done 👍

4 hours ago, Bear0091 said:

u wont regret it if you do get one lol. had a tiny bit of bother gettin mine started but it jus wanted leaned out a bit from factory setting. today is masking and painting the body....... will post some pics when its done 👍

Well was looking for a Losi 5ive T but couldn't find one locally for the right price so ended up with the KM X2 instead 😛

On 01/08/2019 at 15:53, Bear0091 said:

So glad you got it all up and running after we spoke on the phone 🙂👍🏻

And great to hear how much you were enjoying it 🙂

Like I said on the phone, I'll look forward to seeing some of the photos of the design you had in mind with the paint 👍🏻

Have fun bud 🙂

Enjoy the Buggy to the Max 👍🏻🙂👍🏻

It's just ridiculous how much fun it is. ha ha. My previous 30cc Fs racing buggy was cheap made but still fun if you were careful with the suspension arms. This car just takes it to a much better level. I do wonder if a lipo battery would be worth while for the servos to run a bit faster. More power isn't really necessary but maybe faster steering would be nice....... 

11 minutes ago, Bear0091 said:

It's just ridiculous how much fun it is. ha ha. My previous 30cc Fs racing buggy was cheap made but still fun if you were careful with the suspension arms. This car just takes it to a much better level. I do wonder if a lipo battery would be worth while for the servos to run a bit faster. More power isn't really necessary but maybe faster steering would be nice....... 

🙂🙂🙂👍🏻

Awesome stuff bud 🙂

So glad you're happy and enjoying the buggy 🙂👍🏻

I did quite a bit of the RnD on the buggy in it's beginning stages, so it's always nice to hear when people are Happy 🙂👍🏻

(Or even when they're not, I'd rather they talk with us so we know, and can help to improve thing's, than them go off on a social media rant lol 😁)

Yeah we did debate a lipo, and when choosing the K-Power D-4000 servos it did mean they were 7.4v 2s lipo ready 👍🏻

But not everyone is keen still on using a lipo, 

While the Nimh battery being the safer option for people,

The lipo will allow the K-Power to run at approximately 50kg Torque 😉 and a faster response speed too 👍🏻

There has been a few that have done it, 

But it is a tight box,

So while something that will fit the likes of the 5ive-T, will also go in the 30° box, some have modified their lids,

I'm sure you'll figure something out if you go down that route though 🙂👍🏻

Have fun bud, 

Enjoy 🙂👍🏻

so i managed to get out with the car last night and straight away i noticed a problem with the throttle response.... 

when the engine is off all systems work perfectly...... 

when engine is running almost no throttle response then it comes and goes in and out until the engine is switched off then perfect operation again..... 

any help would be appreciated 👍

• 4 weeks later...

so it ended up being a problem with the servo..... 😕 but i sent it back to the supplier and within a week i had a working servo back in the car. Cant complain at all. Iv also put the alloy isolator block on the car. Wow lol. i almost had to grab the car when it first started. it is amazing how much better the engine runs with this tiny upgrade😂

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone happy new year..just like to say first of all what an amazing buggy this dnb is..its so good I might have to think about selling my hardly used rovan as1..anyway I was wondering in the future I would like to upgrade stuff on the dnb when it finally gets worn but I'm having trouble finding a list of what is compatible..I see rcmodelz has standard parts for it but not much upgraded stuff..exhaust for example I cant find a tuned one for gold dust..do they exist?I was thinking maybe other cars have the same parts but it's really hard finding stuff if you don't know what your after.

• 3 years later...

Just finished building my 30DNB with some 2.0 parts and lots of Losi 5/Rovan LT parts (which fit right on ) modded with centre diff and front and rear braces that I machined.

Fitted with 30DN 38  engine .

Still running in at the moment.

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

bla.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seen a vid of the 2.0 , but I have changed mine already .

think they have widened the track, changed the shock pistons and center locker.

Air filter is much neater as is new style wing and I hear the new wheels are good , they are doing new helical diff gear sets  but not sure if they are included as standard.

I like the buggy very much and have fitted many Losi 5ive upgrade parts without issue.

very good for the price I think.