• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Got my Carisma SCA-1E

peter2117

1 minute ago, Wabom1981 said:

Top work!! Tempted to change to bearings on mine too so your information is much appreciated!!

are you stil using the original "long" steering link?

No probs :good:

Do you mean the original plastic one? If so then yes, still using it. Need to get some threaded rod and some 6mm aluminium pipe and will do my own i think

2 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Little strange.....

rubber sealed bearings are getting the norm now on scale trucks, wonder why they chose not to???

I asked them on Facebook and the main reason was price as it would hike it up and also bushing do not seize up lol:@.@:

1 minute ago, big gaz said:

Little strange.....

rubber sealed bearings are getting the norm now on scale trucks, wonder why they chose not to???

Weird eh?

even my cheap as chips FTX outback came with bearings as standard!

probably blew the budget on the tasty body design:P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wabom1981 said:

Weird eh?

It is wired, especial when bearings are cheap as chips....

Haha... maybe not on the body but on all of the flimsy details (wipers, mirrors...etc...)  :D

• Like 1

On 09/11/2017 at 19:18, Wabom1981 said:

Weird eh?

Yet weirdly, even some of the highest priced Tamiyas come with bushings ;)

2 hours ago, Wabom1981 said:

Been making some scale changes to mine, black wagon wheels, rc4wd mud thrasher tyres and a scratch built wooden storage rack................given its colour with coffee would you believe?

Also a fan of coffee staining here, two heaped teaspoons to about 25ml of water for a super dark mix.

Did my pallet with it :D 

DSC_3015

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Yet weirdly, even some of the highest priced Tamiyas come with bushings ;)

Also a fan of coffee staining here, two heaped teaspoons to about 25ml of water for a super dark mix.

Did my pallet with it :D 

DSC_3015

Boooom!! I think it was you who suggested this tip to me a while back!! Thanks again OHO

19 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

I'd imagine warranty concerns is more the reason for bushings over bearings.  I'm shocked to say I'm liking these more and more - and avoiding a trip to the LHS so I don't see one in the flesh.

I've heard through the carisma scale adventure Facebook page that there might be some more retro style bodies on the way too!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wabom1981 said:

I've heard through the carisma scale adventure Facebook page that there might be some more retro style bodies on the way too!!

Thats some great news. lets see what they come out with. truck looks great by the way and as mention above much better with black wheels. Love the scale accessories. Top work mate :good:

• Thanks 1

Nice work @peter2117 I'm really enjoying mine too, took it on the local trail over the weekend and gave it its first taste of mud!!

also had some custom number plates arrive for it too. 

Have you joined the new page carisma scale adventure has setup on Facebook?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wabom1981 said:

Nice work @peter2117 I'm really enjoying mine too, took it on the local trail over the weekend and gave it its first taste of mud!!

also had some custom number plates arrive for it too. 

Have you joined the new page carisma scale adventure has setup on Facebook?

Cheers mate. I think i have joined them on FB. Carisma in general have some good deals for their anniversary though 

Just noticed on Asia Tees website that some AXIAL SCX10 upgrades are straight bolt on (Shock towers and braces front and back, steering link and bumper mounts) which is great news as opens some more possibilities

• Like 1

8 hours ago, peter2117 said:

Just noticed on Asia Tees website that some AXIAL SCX10 upgrades are straight bolt on (Shock towers and braces front and back, steering link and bumper mounts) which is great news as opens some more possibilities

A Axial scx10 gearbox will drop straight in too.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, t2boats said:

They're looking good Peter! :good:  how do you find the suspension, is it supple?

Thanks Gaz ;).  Yeah the suspension is quite supple and smooth. I think that the 30 weight oil is a bit to stiff and could do with a 25 or 20 to be more seamless and looked more realistic. I might end up and drive with no oil as i did with my scx10, it will be bumpy but it will look good while doing it :good: