• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Got my Carisma SCA-1E

peter2117

Hi All

So i received my Carisma SCA-1E today and so far I am quite impressed with the truck and quality of it. I only ever had an Axial SCX10 Honcho and i would say it is on par with that in quality. There is obviously some things that need to be done like battery connectors and some mods but all in all very good. 

I done a quick video on this which if you want you can have a look at

Thanks Modelsport UK

• Like 3

I gave her a quick spin in the garden and so far so good, performs quite well :good:, needs some more testing tho but very happy her so far.

Glad to see that more people have them as well.

I know that pain johninderby :P 

4 minutes ago, Mart59 said:

Got mine today looks very good accept one wing mirror Brocken they are very flimsy but apart from that looks good

Yeah, mine was broken too, I've been in contact with carisma scale adventure through Facebook and there has been a bunch that were damaged in transit. They are collecting the names and addresses of those affected and will be posting replacements once they arrive in the UK. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wabom1981 said:

Yeah, mine was broken too, I've been in contact with carisma scale adventure through Facebook and there has been a bunch that were damaged in transit. They are collecting the names and addresses of those affected and will be posting replacements once they arrive in the UK. 

Mine was ok but Modelsport contacted me about them so presume that will get replacements. I think that they actually glued mine back on but not to fussed as they will brake on on first rollover tho. Still a very nice scale detail.

Great scale looks to this truck, can't wait to get an led set fitted to the light buckets. 

Already started fiddling with mine! Fitted my own radio gear and borrowed the metal wheels from another truck (not too keen on the white) and fitted some shackles. 

Roll on the weekend to hit the trails!!IMG_6752.thumb.JPG.8ce92a038a415e2230adcff8ba60b01d.JPGIMG_6753.thumb.JPG.a5ac4a1afdd2248ce709e00c03519670.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wabom1981 said:

I like that!! 

Can I ask where you got the light kit from? 

Is it 5mm leds front and rear?

Sorry for late replay. The LED i got from this forum couple of years ago. A guy was making and selling them but for the love of me i can not remember who it was tho... The front and rear are both 5mm and   they press in the hole quite snugly so no glue required. 

Thanks peter @peter2117

will look into getting myself a set from somewhere. 

Had a fiddle with the front bumper on mine last night. 

I felt there was too much of a gap between the top of the bumper and the section below the chrome grille. So flipped the bumper mount to raise it up a touch. 

I also popped off the front and rear diff covers and found very little grease in there, so popped in some marine grease. IMG_6765.thumb.JPG.e7228a19e7eab40721621f69367003ce.JPG

2 hours ago, ostewart said:

Does the RTR come with the mounts to make it have a chassis mounted servo?

Cheers :D

Looking forward to seeing this model grow and see what the out of the box issues are.

No, it doesn't come with it but looks lime it will be simple to fabricate. Carisma will be coming with that kit later on i presume 

8 hours ago, Wabom1981 said:

Thanks peter @peter2117

will look into getting myself a set from somewhere. 

Had a fiddle with the front bumper on mine last night. 

I felt there was too much of a gap between the top of the bumper and the section below the chrome grille. So flipped the bumper mount to raise it up a touch. 

I also popped off the front and rear diff covers and found very little grease in there, so popped in some marine grease. IMG_6765.thumb.JPG.e7228a19e7eab40721621f69367003ce.JPG

Looking good. The red shackles look awesome. What i did with my bumer is to just remove the lowering bracket and pop it straight in the cross brace

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

A little blob of black paint, or black Plastidip on the back of the light housings will get rid of all the glare underneath the shell and will focus more light outwards for you chaps using the light kits :good:

Thanks for the info mate. Will give that a try :good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wabom1981 said:

So I followed suit and got myself some lights fitted!! 

Also applied some black paint over the back of the LEDs and the light buckets! Thanks for the tip @Oh How OriginalIMG_6771.thumb.JPG.b3ed77ea32a836db3377ffccd3a7cbe5.JPGIMG_6772.thumb.JPG.ba0a73c2705e31cac2f9e72fd17542b6.JPGIMG_6776.thumb.JPG.9e5f5e8a77135d673e7b6aa32a3cfe4f.JPG

Little tips and tricks you pick up along the way, it made a world of difference on my Trailfinder 2 :) 

You're never likely to block it out completely, but every little helps.

• Like 1

I have upgraded all the drive line (both axles) to ball bearings and oh my God how much smoother and quieter it is. Also improved the steering throw and consistency by adding a longer drag link by putting a spacer between the rod ends, works great

20171109_184346.jpg

20 minutes ago, peter2117 said:

I have upgraded all the drive line (both axles) to ball bearings and oh my God how much smoother and quieter it is. Also improved the steering throw and consistency by adding a longer drag link by putting a spacer between the rod ends, works great

20171109_184346.jpg

Top work!! Tempted to change to bearings on mine too so your information is much appreciated!!

are you stil using the original "long" steering link?

• Like 1