• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pro-Line PRO-MT 4x4 1:10 4WD Monster Truck Pre-Built Roller

capri-boy

18 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Hopefully the price won't be ridiculous.

I'm struggling to find anything else to compete, the MT410 isn't in stock anywhere I found it.

Stampede is out for me, not into Traxxas personally and don't like how it looks anyway.

Arrma now offer the Mega Granite 4x4, but don't think it'd hold up to a brushless system and abuse I'd give it.

Anything else I'm missing? Without turning this into a wanted advert :lol: 

There's the other Arrma, the outcast. That's pretty much the same as the MT410. You could always buy a truggy like the 8ight or ET48.3 and buy the parts needed to make it a stunt truck type MT like the 410. All you'd probably need is the buggy chassis and rear shaft and probably the rear chassis brace for both the losi and tekno.

12 hours ago, bertberr said:

I couldn't see the mt410 on the uk tekno dist' website when I last looked, not sure if they're still bringing it in or it's just the link that's gone walkies.

theres always tower with intl' cust' coupon discount. With shipping and vat would probably work out similar to what it used to cost in the uk.

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

Hopefully the price won't be ridiculous.

I'm struggling to find anything else to compete, the MT410 isn't in stock anywhere I found it.

Stampede is out for me, not into Traxxas personally and don't like how it looks anyway.

Arrma now offer the Mega Granite 4x4, but don't think it'd hold up to a brushless system and abuse I'd give it.

Anything else I'm missing? Without turning this into a wanted advert :lol: 

Showing as out of stock but the guys will get it in within a couple of days give them a email or message on FB for more info there a top bunch of fellas super helpful  :good:

https://www.rprcdistribution.com/eb48-3/mt410-1-10th-electric-4-4-pro-monster-truck-kit

1 hour ago, mond said:

There's the other Arrma, the outcast. That's pretty much the same as the MT410. You could always buy a truggy like the 8ight or ET48.3 and buy the parts needed to make it a stunt truck type MT like the 410. All you'd probably need is the buggy chassis and rear shaft and probably the rear chassis brace for both the losi and tekno.

Not keen on the Outcast and would really prefer a kit to build rather than buying something else to like convert myself, if that makes sense.

Not built a kit for a long while and need to scratch the itch :lol: 

8 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Showing as out of stock but the guys will get it in within a couple of days give them a email or message on FB for more info there a top bunch of fellas super helpful  :good:

https://www.rprcdistribution.com/eb48-3/mt410-1-10th-electric-4-4-pro-monster-truck-kit

I don't know why but I thought the MT410 was neck end of £500 in the UK.

What electrics are in yours Rich, I assume they take 1/8 stuff despite being listed as 1/10?

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

Not keen on the Outcast and would really prefer a kit to build rather than buying something else to like convert myself, if that makes sense.

Not built a kit for a long while and need to scratch the itch :lol: 

I don't know why but I thought the MT410 was neck end of £500 in the UK.

What electrics are in yours Rich, I assume they take 1/8 stuff despite being listed as 1/10?

The only 1/10th bit is the front and rear bumpers lol oh and the body mounts that’s it 

Currently running my trusted Hobbywing 2200kv max8 combo 16t pinion 3.8 Proline Big joes 2 and it goes like stink on 4s :good:

Bold statment here Dan but it has to one of the best if not the best monster trucks I’ve ever had :D

13 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

The only 1/10th bit is the front and rear bumpers lol oh and the body mounts that’s it 

Currently running my trusted Hobbywing 2200kv max8 combo 16t pinion 3.8 Proline Big joes 2 and it goes like stink on 4s :good:

Bold statment here Dan but it has to one of the best if not the best monster trucks I’ve ever had :D

Just weighing up some costs at the moment, the videos of them look good actually.

The electrics & wheel/tyre bill in comparison to the ProMT doesn't look as appetising :lol: 

Hmmm, I think I need to be sensible and wait to see how much the actual price of the ProMT is.

Cheers for info bud, I've E-Mailed that shop as well just in case :good:

Don’t forget, the Proline does include a body and wheels/tyres - whereas the Tekno doesn’t - you’re getting another £100 worth of parts included with a comparatively priced truck to the Tekno.

It’ll perform very much like the Tekno too, but it remains to be seen if it can take a beating as well as the Tekno, which is arguably the most durable 1/8 scale platform currently on the market.

Stunning!

My Pro-MT is still the best kit I have ever built (I've had no shock leaking/spur issues) and this looks to take it up another notch! Expensive, yes, I couldn't justify it... it does cost 1/8 money, but it will be just as capable as a 1/8. I adore this!

And THAT paint job... if only I had the skills to replicate that! :dribble:

19 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

Don’t forget, the Proline does include a body and wheels/tyres - whereas the Tekno doesn’t - you’re getting another £100 worth of parts included with a comparatively priced truck to the Tekno.

It’ll perform very much like the Tekno too, but it remains to be seen if it can take a beating as well as the Tekno, which is arguably the most durable 1/8 scale platform currently on the market.

I know the MT410 is a bit bigger so we perhaps shouldn't compare, but this is how I looked at it.

£84 for a Proline wheel/tyre combo, probably about £40 for a shell, then personally speaking I'd need to buy some 4s LiPos which I won't with the ProMT... Also cheaper electrics in the first place, I think it'll work out at least £200 cheaper to do the ProMT :mellow:

That's just from my perspective though.

2 hours ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

Looks nice but like most people have said, it's a bit pricey.

My MT410 is the most expensive RC I own. The problem is that I'm too precious over it. Never been run. Just sat on a shelf.

Don't think I will spend mega money on another RC :D

No point having it if you don’t send 50ft skyward mine loves it so much it comes back begging for more :good:

• Like 1

These are directly comparable trucks, imo.

The MT410 doesn’t need 1/8th scale electrics, as the chassis/drivetrain is the same - bar a few vehicle specific items - as the SCT410, it just has the room and extra drivetrain capacity to take 1/8 scale power.

The same goes for the proline - It’s ‘10th’ scale but yet comes 8th scale wheels and also can run 1/8 scale electrics. As stated before, this needs to be as durable as the Tekno or, at the very least, Arrma

6 minutes ago, Pistonhead said:

The MT410 doesn’t need 1/8th scale electrics, as the chassis/drivetrain is the same - bar a few vehicle specific items - as the SCT410, it just has the room and extra drivetrain capacity to take 1/8 scale power.

The same goes for the proline - It’s ‘10th’ scale but yet comes 8th scale wheels and also can run 1/8 scale electrics. As stated before, this needs to be as durable as the Tekno or, at the very least, Arrma

I didn't realise the MT410 could take 10th electrics, my bad.

It'd still work out over £100 cheaper though in wheels/tyres and shell.

Hmmm, RPRC got back to me with mid-next week as the stock date for the MT410.

Wonder when we'll have confirmed UK prices on the ProMT :unsure:

20 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

Not quite sure the proline comes with 3.8 tyres I think in the info I read it says 2.8 but 17mm hex 

As for the MT410 it runs 1/8th scale arms drivetrain cvds etc the only 1/10th bit is really the bumpers and there’s no way you’d be able to run 1/10 scale motors without massive heat issues sorry but the Tekno is far the superior IMO but then again I would say that I have one and so does my lad ;) 

You might get away with a long can 36mm motor in the Tekno, the SCT does but it's only turning tiny wheels in comparison.  You'd still need a 120a esc a la the wpsc8 so you may as well run a full 40/42 mm motor and be done with it - pricing new isn't that different from the 36's either.

I like the MT410, had I not had the MTe one would be in my fleet - i've been on the hunt for a good eb410.3 too.  Back on topic though this Proline will sell well over the pond i'm sure - so long as it's like the 2wd - ie an out of the box stampede that doesn't need $$$ throwing at it.

Might be worth mentioning the new S-Workz MT here.

Drove the brand new Etruggy last weekend which was very good.  They really have upped their game in the last 18 months.

though It appears nothing more than a short chassis truggy if even that :arrow_2: .

Edited by Deafty

Ive been doing a few sums and you can get these shipped from proline using a discount code including import tax for £396 give or take a few pound on exchange rate. Now if memory serves me well that's about £50 more than the  2wd when it came out give or take a few quid. so maybe not as bad as first thought  ???????? 

Hmm Shall i do it and get one to compare to the MT410 ?? 

MUST RESIST !!!!!!

6 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Which code fella?

That's very very tempting.

FB10 :good: will get you 10% off at checkout which almost covers shipping plus there on sale at the minute 

After much looking decided not to get one couple of bits really put me off like no esc mount and no radio box even with the best servo tape in the world I’m not a lover of just sticking my  electrics to the Chassis 

Thought about that sworkz but as soon as I had a look on YouTube it put me straight off the idea all the usual freebie guys just singing its praises And you can’t even order one if you wanted too lol 

Instead treated the Tekno to some new boots :good:

Still on the hunt for a new rc though trouble is it’s really hard finding something that stacks up against my XMaxx and MT410 at the minute 

I have to agree, I'd really struggle to find any rc that really excites me or offers something much different/better than what I have at present. With 2wd SCT, 2wd MT, 4wd SCT and 1/8 buggy, I feel I have all bases covered, hence I've decided to only add Tamiya kits to the collection for the time being, starting with a Lunchie. Kit build, cheap and fun, what's not to like?

I'm kinda the same Bert, I have the 2wd SCT, 2wd MT, crawler, rock racer, boats and large scale, I'm not currently interested in air so I think I have all bases covered, I have spent over £300 in parts yesterday, so I think that's made my decision for me.

If I see something come up second hand, MT410 or the ProMT 4x4, I'd be very interested, but the initial outlay of £650ish, just isn't worth it for me right now.