• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did i do wrong?

Rudd

So my first time painting an RC body and this happened:

59cb50b54682f_pic2.jpg.5001519aea9c570dbca025023d95143c.jpg59cb50afde032_pic1.jpg.10cfce40a6927e00be79a2e8d741ea45.jpg

Any ideas quite how i managed to get this badly wrong? I cleaned the shell and dried it, painted a thin spray of metallic tamiya paint and then two more. I then backed it with some black. I'm deeply confused!

DR

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

I washed it with detergent and gave a good rinse, but i guess some there may have been some contamination from my hands when i applied the masking? Also i applied the paint outdoors, last night which may have been too cold? I hadn't really thought about temperature - should i have done it inside?

In short YES and no.

All rattle cans should be used whilst at room temperature, around 16-20°

Also the body should ideally be room temp aswell.

I don't recommend using rattle cans indoors, you'll need a well ventilated workspace.

Try storing the paint indoors for a day before using, along with the body, then you can simply bring both outside when starting work.

P.s if you're in a hurry, pop your rattle can in a jug of Luke warm water for 10 mins before using

And, as always, shake your can vigorously for a minute before use

Edited by Fly In My Soup

I've tried warming the paint and shell before now - got to be careful there - paint dries very quickly - get the swing and flow just right.

Hope you sort it out to your satisfaction ... bit of work first 'though!!

Al.