• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's happened to hpi racing?

hyper7_dude

I've been wanting parts for the blitz (spur gear) for a long while now, also firestorm wheelie bar which I got lucky with buying one from ebay new which are rare. But my question is what's going on with hpi? I know they have changed hands and got tolded by hpi racing them self that my parts I am after will be in stock from 8th may this year but I did phone up in February, last thing I want is 12 hpi cars with no parts :(

Buy the old firestorm layshaft (brushed) and fit a team associated slipper setup. the setup is better (it actually supports the spur gear....) and you can run associated spurs which dont seem to destroy themselves. Also the associated spurs are in stock.... check the blitz owners thread. im sure the part numbers are in there somewhere....

On Wednesday, August 02, 2017 at 22:36, Fly In My Soup said:

Did you chase them up about the parts??

Ya I phoned them up today, they said with the company changing hands the second time because the first one didn't go through so that's why they is a delay on parts etc... but I did ask who bought the company and he said they will be a announcement soon, but I did ask if it was rip max but he said no but they is announcement soon.

Talking about getting blood out of a stone :(

Not so sure what he's even talking about there...

Traxxas where supposedly buying out Hpi Europe.... Then futaba bought them out via their subsidiary company ripmax.

The futaba deal went through, successful buyout.

Maybe he's stuck in some sort of parts distribution time loop....:D

Edited by Fly In My Soup

• 1 year later...

thanks for the update, I was starting to get a bit annoyed about it. I need a new steering knuckle and HPI replacement is out of stock, although Modelsport website claims they got more at end of this month, but luckily I've been able to upgrade to the RPM version bought from rcMart, hopefully should arrive soon and I can have the car back up and running.