• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 - Brushless conversion Build

I didn't use the mounting plate, mines drilled through chassis in two places (countersunk) and the losi tray secured with two countersunk m4 bolts from underneath with locknuts. Plate may be better option, don't know, but my tray is rock solid.
Did you cut the ESC plate off the back of the Losi tray in order to make it fit?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So close! Just need the mount now..... I'm charging the battery so might just get a couple of industrial cable ties to give a quick run tomorrow!

The Traxxas receiver box is really neat and tidy to hide the wires.1dc1c728d718f46d91026548a0147707.jpgddfcd3eeaa25680e1c1e210045854f29.jpgc9af456e66dee2f8cbb1c7c9218e9ca5.jpgc3547b49a621a7c911868861e5dfb81b.jpg31f39b08cabac6f5ad90a1b06d7550ed.jpg

• Like 1

nice dude.:good:...I`d try n cable tie the motor wires to sumin so they don't flap about when bashing or it may induce loose/dodgy connections over time....I normally use the rear chassis brace to do this....:yes:...and the esc wire don't get caught in the drive shaft.........:yes:

Edited by evssv

Good shout on the cable ties, the battery tray isn't in place yet as I'm waiting for the u mount to arrive then I will smarten the last of the cables up.

Any pointers on the velcro I need to hold the battery in?

My battery is taking ages to balance, I did check it when it arrived at 2 cells were lower than the other 3.

Once tested I'll rip the motor mount off and get it measured back up for the mods then hopefully make a couple more.

3 hours ago, Gavster29 said:

Good shout on the cable ties, the battery tray isn't in place yet as I'm waiting for the u mount to arrive then I will smarten the last of the cables up.

Any pointers on the velcro I need to hold the battery in?

My battery is taking ages to balance, I did check it when it arrived at 2 cells were lower than the other 3.

Once tested I'll rip the motor mount off and get it measured back up for the mods then hopefully make a couple more.

I always normal or fast charge my batteries almost to full. If I remember I'll switch to balance charge just for the end, sometimes I let them finish then balance charge. even doing that they can take a while to balance out but normally get there in the end.

• Like 2

OK so maiden voyage and it's not going well :crying:

So first up I went to accelerate and I am sure you seasoned guys will chuckle, and I should know better!  Yup I put the front diff in backwards :ssh:

Secondly and more worrying, after putting the diff back I ran the car, it runs for maybe 2 passes then stops, the red light on the quickrun just starts flashing red, I will read the manual but in the mean time, any ideas???

I've just reset the ESC and things seem better, I had the LVC set to 3.4v is that too high? So the LVC is now set to 3.0v per cell as per defaultis that too low?

Also manually set the cells to 5s.

What I can say is WOW it's quick

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ok so checked the battery and over 4v on each cell so can'tbe that, maybe I messed up a previous setting so ill change it to 3.2v cut off

3 hours ago, Virdi said:

Looking good! Love the motor mount.

Here's mine

I like your tyres!

I hadn't realised that you were also using the Traxxas reciever box, I find it perfect for keeping things tidy!

Edited by Gavster29

So WOW this car is amazing, 1/8 in brushless it is very quick and is going to be lots of fun, the car handles well but I need to do somehting with the shocks, with the 17t pinion it does pull wheelies but not at the drop of a hat so it is just about right on that front it is very controllable!

So things I have learned when you start this thing going:-

Get the battery tray mounted, mine is flopping over the place as I am only holding it in with a massive cable tie but that is slipping out

Test the drive out by hand first and make sure you don't install the diff the wrong way round

Reset the ESC then program it from scratch, I am not sure what my original problem was but the car seems to be playing ball now, I also set the cells manually instead of auto this time round.

Smile when you pull the trigger!

So next on the list, I will take it apart and give the mount back to my dad, I am more than happy that it will not move or bend so he can re-design it to be a little shorter, it should still hold all size pinions.

Look at the suspension, it is a little stiff at the moment I think it needs a bit of tuning.

Drain the battery to strorage and think some more on balance charging it, I checked after the balance charge and they are still out.

Wait for the battery mount to turn up.

Get ready for more fun!!!

Not sure what shocks you have or oil wgt but I found the stock shocks too soft especially at front. I got some Hong Nor big bore shocks second hand this year and still found fronts too soft, so then got stiffer front springs for big bores, associated springs as89341 and to my liking now.

Cant see from pics if you have any/many preload clips on shocks. If you have remove them and compare handling. Also check which mounting hole you are using on the arm. I set up so that arms are level with ground.

Wheelies are fun to start with but get boring if not controllable and never had such issues with my buggies.

Get a temp gun to monitor motor, ESC and lipos. 

Not sure if your using 4S or 5S lipos? 4S suits me for bashing. Can you fit the body shell with a 5S without having to raise body posts?

Not sure what shocks you have or oil wgt but I found the stock shocks too soft especially at front. I got some Hong Nor big bore shocks second hand this year and still found fronts too soft, so then got stiffer front springs for big bores, associated springs as89341 and to my liking now.

Cant see from pics if you have any/many preload clips on shocks. If you have remove them and compare handling. Also check which mounting hole you are using on the arm. I set up so that arms are level with ground.

Wheelies are fun to start with but get boring if not controllable and never had such issues with my buggies.

Get a temp gun to monitor motor, ESC and lipos. 

Not sure if your using 4S or 5S lipos? 4S suits me for bashing. Can you fit the body shell with a 5S without having to raise body posts?

Ok so firstly yes the suspension is stock, no idea what wt oil it has either. I have a coupleof preload clips, again only what it came with.

The wheelies have to be worked at so the gearing seems right at the moment

The motor after a few passes is cool to the touch as is the lipo and the ESC is only slightly warm