• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which courier ?

Thedrum2010

FYI; don't leave the LiPo plugged in when not in use.

I personally use Parcelforce, there isn't an option to tell them there is a battery in it on there website, because they take them anyway, when it's a single one with the device it's intended for.

And they collect from your house and print the labels, for no extra charge.

HERPES have just 'misplaced' a collector's GT40 I'd ordered for the slot track - said they'd tried to deliver on several occasions - at 07:00 and 18:00+ - to a BUSINESS ADDRESS - then say it was 'left in Reception' - no signature, nothing.

Nobody has seen it at all - AND THEY WOULD.

VERY SUSPECT apparently trying to deliver out of office hours to a business address .... !!

I was very impressed with them over the last 2 years, but this APPEARS blatant theft - I will get a full refund apparently once all is confirmed.

Al.

7 hours ago, johninderby said:

I'd use Interparcel and select the Parcelforce post office drop off option which will save you nearly two quid over dealing direct with Parcelforce.

John

Out of interest, how much do you pay for that?

I've never known it to be cheaper.

I pay £11.03 via PF direct, or I think it's £9.80 odd if you drop it off at the PO.

Edited by Oh How Original

7 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Out of interest, how much do you pay for that?

I've never known it to be cheaper.

I pay £11.03 via PF direct, or I think it's £9.80 odd if you drop it off at the PO.

That's compared to having it collected. Drop off at the PO prices are about the same. 

Actually I now use DPD through Interparcel. Their drop off price is £7.02 inc. VAT. Local chemist is a collection point.

John

Edited by johninderby

Just now, johninderby said:

That's compared to having it collected. Drop off at the PO prices are about the same. 

Actually I now use DPD. Their drop off price is £7.02 inc. VAT. Local chemist is a collection point.

John

I thought you meant about 2quid cheaper on a like-for-like dealio.

My bad.

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Hermes have a habit of turning over small packages to a local man with a hatchback when they're either too busy or don't have many deliveries to your area. That's when things go missing a lot and you get nonsense delivery details.

John

All my Hermes and deliveries are carried out by independent couriers, who are self employed, that can be a guy with his own truck or some geeza with a Vauxhall nova