• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbyking - 5Ah 90C 4S - OFFER!!

atom3624

6 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

With that in mind, I've ordered some, cheers fella :) in the worst case scenario, my 1/10 Yeti just got some sexy new "b82rez" (to quote Ali G)

Another question chaps, I'm confident you don't, but having never run a LiPo with removable leads before, could I make up a second set of leads without the balance plug, purely for running?

Then just leave the balance lead on the one it comes with for charging?

Exactly what I've done or am Doing:

Installed the included spare 5mm Bullets onto my ESC with an extra bridge wire zip tied to the body mount:

437EFE20-236C-4CC9-A68B-D0A32C9BEBA1_zps

Ill then solder a TRX plug onto the included balance lead for charging, but I broke my soldering iron mid way through been heavy handed! :( 

Edited by Guns
  • Like 1

I'm wondering if to put bullets (not really a fan of them tbh) or maybe EC5s or something on mine in favour of Deans... Never been keen on putting anything above 3s through Deans.

Will need to work out how to wire it up with EC5s to run a pair though, it'll be my first time doing it.

With that in mind, I better have a look online and order a soldering iron as well!

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

I'm wondering if to put bullets (not really a fan of them tbh) or maybe EC5s or something on mine in favour of Deans... Never been keen on putting anything above 3s through Deans.

Will need to work out how to wire it up with EC5s to run a pair though, it'll be my first time doing it.

With that in mind, I better have a look online and order a soldering iron as well!

Only reason I didnt wanna wire mine as above was because the bridge wire isn't connected to anything so could be lost.

All EC5's are are 5mm bullets in a fancy shroud.

3 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Anyone soldered up, charged and tried them yet?

I love mine, but would appreciate another opinion, or several.

Al.

Not yet, I too am interested as there seems to be very conflicting reports about how good these are.

I have had a pair of 7.5 2s hardcase graphenes since they came out. They are immensely powerful (even compared to other top race packs) and have retained their capacity well after quite a few cycles. But there is a but, mine regularly go out of balance, like WAY out of balance. After a couple of cycles the cells can be as much as .5v out of whack. So be sure to check and balance them regularly and you should be fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neil.b said:

I have had a pair of 7.5 2s hardcase graphenes since they came out. They are immensely powerful (even compared to other top race packs) and have retained their capacity well after quite a few cycles. But there is a but, mine regularly go out of balance, like WAY out of balance. After a couple of cycles the cells can be as much as .5v out of whack. So be sure to check and balance them regularly and you should be fine.

Good to hear Neil.  The reports I read about them was that they we're nowhere near as punchy as the 90c suggests - however some believe HK have changed suppliers / manufacturing or something and that the early Graphene's never suffered from it, and hence why they've started flogging them off cheap.

• Like 1

My 2 charged up within seconds of each other!

I cycled - discharged and balance charged - same story - seemed impressive, then I had a little play in the 'X' - just wild!!

On 'storage' for now, but will charge up soon to try again - weather's a bit warmer again ...

Al.

1 minute ago, .AJ. said:

Read what CB has posted :good:

Missed that. Gotta be honest, I was a little confused as to why they were so heavily discounted. I've never really been bothered by C Rating, Im personally over the moon with my Floiureons yet people slate them.

That said, if they offer 45C which is half they're rated Ill be happy for what Ive paid.

1 minute ago, capri-boy said:

Good to hear Neil.  The reports I read about them was that they we're nowhere near as punchy as the 90c suggests - however some believe HK have changed suppliers / manufacturing or something and that the early Graphene's never suffered from it, and hence why they've started flogging them off cheap.

I'm not sure about the later batches but mine are probably the most punchy batteries I have used to date, and that's compared to quite a few other high end race packs. I did once have one of the cells in one of the packs go down to less than 2v during a race though. :o 

Luckily I manged to revive it and charge it back up, the iffy cell still takes 7500mah (same as the other 3) when charging, which is a bonus. I have also done quite a few 18-20 minute finals using the batteries since then as well so it appears no lasting damage was done. 

So far they seem fine, balanced well, plugs fit snug, they aren't as heavy as I expected based on what some people said, only about 25g heavier than my 5200 30C Zippys, for the extra mAh, that's a fair trade.

Not run yet, if I can be bothered to put some Deans on them now, I'll charge one just to give it a test hit in my Yeti, I know exactly how it runs on the Zippys so it'll be the best/closest thing for comparison.

Well, I wrestled my soldering iron and runny nose to report back, it's just sat charging now, the cells are 0.04v out of whack, which is fine for me, most LiPos aren't 100% perfect, none of mine actually are, so that's nothing that's a concern.

1,500mAh in it at this point and alls well.

20170216_150156_resized_zpsyjul8xzl.jpg

20170216_150229_resized_zpsubigzjul.jpg

Will report back after the first test run.

Small question, is it safe to run the terminals exposed on the bottom of the packs?

They seem to run right through, so wondered if taking this outer clear plastic off will be harmless to the terminals underneath?