• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Esc question

NOFX

Hi. Our little un broke the esc in his mmt. I'm broke at the mo , but have a 120a esc that I could probably shoe horn in. The original esc was 40a 4s compatible.  Would the 120a esc work?  I don't want a rolling fireball as he loves bashing his little truck. Ta for any info b?

1 hour ago, Daveyb84 said:

With the 120a esc, you will need to make sure your lipos have enough current output (c rating) to cope with the extra current draw the esc will need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll still be the same motor. Just the esc will be 3+ times the power. Ta for the answers peeps :)

Edited by NOFX
Autocadrivel is posting bollocks

9 hours ago, Daveyb84 said:

With the 120a esc, you will need to make sure your lipos have enough current output (c rating) to cope with the extra current draw the esc will need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll still be the same motor. Just the esc will be 3+ times the power. Ta for the answers peeps ?Hello again. The 120 a won't possibly fit. Would I be able to use 30 amp 2s esc?? I know it'll be slower. But he's only 4 . 

It's a 2810kv motor.   If I can't get it running for him. I'll buy a chassis for my sandstorm & give him that.  But it's 2wd & very tail happy. It  took me a while to get used to it after the 4wds. Ta for all the replies. Much appreciated :)

Only reference I can find to 2810kv is a hobbyking motor with a 50a max draw. If that's what it has then I'm not surprised the old esc died.

Something cheap like https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobbypower-Racing-60A-Brushless-ESC/dp/B00DU4AB98 could do you for 2s/3s, they are small and you can even remove the fan for 2s to save more space.

Edited by Ross9999992

5 hours ago, Ross9999992 said:

Only reference I can find to 2810kv is a hobbyking motor with a 50a max draw. If that's what it has then I'm not surprised the old esc died.

Something cheap like https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobbypower-Racing-60A-Brushless-ESC/dp/B00DU4AB98 could do you for 2s/3s, they are small and you can even remove the fan for 2s to save more space.

That's brilliant. Cheers mate  . I wanna get it sorted for 1/2 term. We can walk to the local bash spot from mine.  Ta :)